Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2005 mustang gt mods are k&n cai,410 gears, hurst short throw, bbk long tubes with catted xpipe,flowmasters mufflers , steeda charge motion delete plates, steeda underdrive pulleys,comp cam mutha thumpr with cam phaser limiters, steeda adj. panhard bar,hto plugs, steeda upper and lower controll arms,steeda ultra lite lowering springs,285/40/18 nittio drag radials , tune is with xcal 3 94 oct tune tuned by dasilva racing

Attachments

·
Banned
102 Posts
nice, however, how much did all this cost you?

ive got ordered a JLT cai + tuner combo, then a throttle body, and axle back exhaust. for about 750 usd ( not including exhaust becuase exhast doesnt really count as hp since its only like 3-5 ), ive got myself a 45-50 hp gain and a whole lotta torque.

im getting like 35+ hp off the tuner + cai, 15 from the throttle body, and 3-5 from the exhast. but i dont count th exhaust becuase im not re-tuning for it.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am in canada so cost is a bit more,was 2000.00 to purchase long tubes catted xpipe and the mutha thumper with the phasers ... instal was about 1000.00 and 200 for the dyno tune

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
wow canada is pricey. How do you like your cams I will fianally have enough money to get them soon and should be at a little oer 500RWHP on the bottle and about where you at off the bottle.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I love them ,,, It took some time to get the tune right... actually was hard to dyno tune lots of playing around, my shop did not charge me because they did the instal, so after my final tune which is perfect are last pull was 350 rwhp.. and I have no bottle

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:gringreen hahaha thats funny. yes its legal in canada. Im going to get heads livernois stage 2 and the [email protected] intake manifold which my shop is getting next month. Im going to be the tester and if it works its mine for free...the reason they are using my car is because of the claims they are making of 25 rwhp with cams and long tubes. If the intake works we have to do an article in a mustang magazine and its mine for free... something like that

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
By the dyno sheet its running really lean up to 4500. And if you look your not making any power at 6500. So there's no need to push it to 7K which isn't good any way. I see he left it as STD instead of going to SAE corrected.

That is some good results.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
By the dyno sheet its running really lean up to 4500. And if you look your not making any power at 6500. So there's no need to push it to 7K which isn't good any way. I see he left it as STD instead of going to SAE corrected.

That is some good results.

I would say it is a little lean at 4500 also. I think I'd rather see the fuel drop in around 3500. WOT looks ok though and as long as he's not getting any pinging it will probably be ok.

I think the tuner probably left a little too much timing down low to compensate for the low end torque loss from the limiters. Those are very nice gains in the high rpm's though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.