Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well I've got a buddy comin over at 8 in the morning, were doin my springs (got the commpressor today,prokit) and my MGW shifter..I've read the how to's and were both fairly wrench savy..just wonderin if there are any last minute tips ( other than have the coffee ready when he gets there) that'll help with either install..we will be doing both on stands, no lift..feels kinda like xmas eve!!..couldn't wait any longer, it's supposed to be a balmy +2 celcius or about 35 degrees and sunny..can't wait!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BTW, I ordered an MGW a month ago and still haven't seen it. I call them every week and every week they say next week.
took me about three weeks to get mine, they said they couldnt ship for a week, and the other two weeks is normat transit time for us up here..when it did come I must say I was very impressed..not just with the unit itself which is gallery worthy..but just in the way it's packed and shipped..every part is labelled, comes with install CD..very impressive for an aftermarket company

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well it's done..prokit went in super easy..MGW shifter was fairly straight forward as well, thanks to the guys on the droppin the driveshaft advice, def'n made it easier..MGW provides a great step by step video for the install which was quite good..Robert S, mine too was laser engraved on the other side which was confusing as I didnt read your post until I had finished..just took it out for a rip and wow...what a difference on both sides..the shifts are crisp, short and very positive..the nose dive and lean in the corners is dramatically reduced and both me and my buddy thought the ride was nearly stock as far as comfort goes, couldnt really tell the difference at all to be honest..we took the time when the front end was jacked way up to put the GT500 front splitter on as well, install for that takes some patience and time but I think it looks great..to all those who offered advice I'll say thanks..once I get her washed I'll post up some picks for all who would like to see, the GT500 splitter looks great with the elenor grill!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Great... How long did it take you to do the springs?
it was an eight hour day for all three.splitter-springs-shifter...springs, well the rears took all of about 15 minutes if that, the whole install took about two and a half hours without rushing, alot of that time was letting my compressor catch up to my impact though...me and my friend were commenting on how nice it was to wrench on a newer car where everything doesnt require overnight wd40 saturation! I would definatly encourage anyone reading this to do it themselves and save a couple hundred bucks...on a side note..now that I've put about 60 miles on it I'm still amazed at the ride comfort of the springs, you can barely notice the difference in comfort, compared to any dropped car I've been in, its like night and day.. and the shifter, well, just imagine smiling everytime you change gears, it's perfect!:bigthumbsup

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.