Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well everything's in (Injectors, MAF, pumps) but unfortunately I don't have a tune so I have no idea how it runs. Should have a temporary tune by weeks-end.

Also installed a set of CNC machined CMCV delete plates to replace the smaller cast FRPP plates. And to top it all off, I even painted the valve covers Ford blue.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
You busy little bee! Looks good. Are those delete plates just the more expensive ones that Steeda offers or did you have them matched to your heads?

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You busy little bee! Looks good. Are those delete plates just the more expensive ones that Steeda offers or did you have them matched to your heads?
They're the bigger race plates. I was surprised how much bigger the ports are.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Are they a pretty good match? Think you may be able to squeeze another 10 out of it?

That is a sick car you have there man. Expensive, but SICK.

Wonder how all that stuff would react to a 5.4... :drool:

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are they a pretty good match? Think you may be able to squeeze another 10 out of it?

That is a sick car you have there man. Expensive, but SICK.

Wonder how all that stuff would react to a 5.4... :drool:
They match real well to both the intake plenum and the manifold. We'll see how they perform once I get a tune in the thing.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Looks good Mark... Did you paint the covers yourself?

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
I did... I have a compressor and spray gun. Not perfect, but they turned out pretty good.
From the pics they look like they turned out real good. Did you sand them first, or just paint over them?

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
i have heard that the larger delete plates dont give you much gain over the regular ones they just look REALLY nice. But we will find out though.

I would think they would perform best with a after market intake manifold.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i have heard that the larger delete plates dont give you much gain over the regular ones they just look REALLY nice. But we will find out though.

I would think they would perform best with a after market intake manifold.
We'll see how they do with my ported heads.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
I think you need to buy some bigger injectors now and put it on the bottle :)

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
looks good Mark! and Im sure it run just as good! nice mods! where did ya pick up the MAF from?

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Thanks Mick... I got from VMPTuning.
I see....Ill look into it. ordered my GT 500 pumps yesterday...hopefully something to do this weekend :) might not be here til Monday though.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Still she sits awaiting a tune. Pretty depressing that all the work is done and I can't even start it. :(

·
Registered
810 Posts
Looks really good. Who is going to tune it? This the the perfect time to get PRP.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Looks really good. Who is going to tune it? This the the perfect time to get PRP.
Yeah, would be nice to be able to do it myself. I'll probably have Springfield Motorsports dyno it again in a couple of weeks. For now I'm going to run a canned Brenspeed tune just so I can get it on the road.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Looks good!:bigthumbsup I'm just heading out to my garage to run the wiring harness and mount the driver for my GT500 fuel pump.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.