Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I have an 05 GT 5spd that is 100% stock, and I really want gears. The car is an everyday driver and will rarely be at the track. So what is the right size?

·
Registered
221 Posts
deffienetly 4:10s in over drive (5th) youll still be able to crusie and it will leave some room for future performance mods but if your planning on getting real fast the gears will be toom much but it sounds like youll be right on the money with 4:10s

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
Hello everyone,

I have an 05 GT 5spd that is 100% stock, and I really want gears. The car is an everyday driver and will rarely be at the track. So what is the right size?
Tell me what size tires you're running and I can tell you the rpm difference you'll be looking at.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Hello everyone,

I vote 4.10s too! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"Tell me what size tires you're running and I can tell you the rpm difference you'll be looking at"

17" All season tires, Ford oval center cap.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the help. I'm going with the 4.10s!!

·
Registered
2,961 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'd recommend 4.10s unless you plan to add forced induction down the road.
What do you recomend if you do plan on forced induction?

·
Registered
2,961 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
I would recomend 3:73's.
What about an off size like 3.90? I plan to turbo mine eventually, but that's not for another year or so or until I have funds to buy a second block to build up. So I would like to make a nice twisty track car and I'm not sure which gears to get for road racing.

·
Registered
487 Posts
A good portion of the FI guys go with 3.73s or 3.90s. Seems 4.10s can be a little much on the street. But.. There still are quite a few who run 4.10s.
Yep, like me. But with the 325/45/17--those are 28 tall so the 4.10's are really 3.90's.

·
Registered
335 Posts
4.10 no question.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I run a 28" tire too (295-45-18). Just takes a little of the edge off and does help lower the cruising rpms.
I'm myself is thinking of going to a 4.30 from 4.10 to leave alittle harder at the track. My thought is to go to a 28" tire on the street,to take the edge off the rpm's. At the track I run 26" D.R.s. How do like driving on the 28"s ? What brand of tire are you running? I currently have BFG kdws2 radials and love um. But they don't have a 295/45/18 .

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
I'm myself is thinking of going to a 4.30 from 4.10 to leave alittle harder at the track. My thought is to go to a 28" tire on the street,to take the edge off the rpm's. At the track I run 26" D.R.s. How do like driving on the 28"s ? What brand of tire are you running? I currently have BFG kdws2 radials and love um. But they don't have a 295/45/18 .
I'm running Nitto 555s. Even with the 28" tire I was still bumping a 6600 rev limiter frequently with 4.30s. :so

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.