Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when im driving esp on the freeway i get terrible rattling and metal to metal squeaking from the passenger side rear in the trunk. it almost seems as if the car is unaligned and the back tires are bouncing down the road causing the metal skeleton of the trunk to rub together but alignment has been checked numerous times, have brought it to the dealership multiple times and of course they an never hear it. i just got brand new tires, perfect alignment and its still doing it...could it be a bent axle, because it also does it when i go hard off the line and all the weight is transferred to the rear....any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
I would urge you to check your exhaust installation. Often the overaxle pipes will need adjusting because they are too close to either the panhard brace, differential housing or spare tire well.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I once had my rear sway links making a weird noise, kinda like a scrunching noise. I sounded alot like a metal on metal noise. I cleaned and lubed the links and bar with full synthetic grease. My old 94 used to make aterrible metal grinding noise on accel. The driveshaft was rubbing on the brake cables and hanger, shouldn't be the problem with yours, since there is adequte clearance between the shaft and cables. The underside should be inspected on a roll-on lift and adding weight to the trunk (a couple of adult bodies) to lower the rear, then look for any tight clearances.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
alright thank you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.