Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I gotta go to bed but here is the quick scoop: 438 RWHP and 468 ft/lbs Torque at ONLY 4900 RPM. We ran out of time and could not go higher. Part two will be next Tuesday. But what we did today was great progress. This thing needs MASSIVE amounts of fuel. It breaths like a dragon. After 4 dyno runs we went from not being able to back into the garage to a full on pull up to 4900 RPM with the torque line high and flat and the HP line climing rapidly and steady.

Look at that torque line? That's effen flat. Look at the HP line!! Climbing at a steady and rapidy rate. See when it's pointed? High 500's, close to 600.

See the AF line. It sucks. My boost a pump is clearly not working. The flat line at the end of the run is 13.8. So this weekend the GT500 pumps are going and I'm back on the dyno Tuesday.

I drove it home and I'm driving it to work tomorrow. :D

It sounds and drives like an effen monster.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
were you using a stock pump with a BAP or dual baps with your GT500 pump like in your sig?

How much boost are you going to run right now?

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Looks good. Glad to see that you can actually drive it after so long. Can't believe it's been nearly 6 months since you got started on this journey.

Can't wait for the final tuning and some vids of the finished product.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Way to go Dan. We are pulling for ya.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
yeah that time adds up my car was in the shop from dec. to march and then may to july. Thats why I am glade I am gone for this 6 months its in the shop now. I feel bad for you having to see your car every day :) that has to be hard lol

·
Registered
917 Posts
Congratulations on those amazing numbers...

I was just wondering, was I the only one that read that title and expected a video or did I just have high hopes...

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
the graph us looking good , that's also on a mustang dyno so they are some really good numbers to start with

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Are you gunna be able to plant this power to the road? LOL.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
There had better be some non-cell-phone video, of this event?

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There had better be some non-cell-phone video, of this event?
I brought the camera but I was busy as a bee downloading tunes and driving on the dyno runs. On Tuesday I will bring the tri-pod and post the vids.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
were you using a stock pump with a BAP or dual baps with your GT500 pump like in your sig?

How much boost are you going to run right now?
Stock pump with a non-functioning BAP. GT500 pumps are going in this weekend without any BAPs. Running 11-12 psi.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah that time adds up my car was in the shop from dec. to march and then may to july. Thats why I am glade I am gone for this 6 months its in the shop now. I feel bad for you having to see your car every day :) that has to be hard lol
Imagine what a good it's going to be once you drive it again!

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Congratulations on those amazing numbers...

I was just wondering, was I the only one that read that title and expected a video or did I just have high hopes...
Nope, i was looking/assuming for the video too :) lol

Good start Dan! I'll race you until you get it dialed in :)
Man, i havent seen STL's stang in action yet, any chance of a vid?

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think that's the one a bunch have been waiting on but it's not actually out yet.
It going to be amazingly expensive as well.

·
Registered
810 Posts
The Hat is available on there website. The FPDM in 6 weeks.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.