Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was interested in getting the catted x pipe by bassani from brenspeed for my gt. anyone have this and did it give any horsepower gain? was it difficult to install? sound good? i have to get the catted ones cause i happen to live in one of the 2 friggin counties in indiana,out of about 60 friggin counties in this state, that still have the damn emissions testing bs. and they get stricter every year! brenspeed says i can pass emissions with these pipes but im not so sure. any info would be great.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
Horsepower gain as compared to what-- the stock catted H? Should be good for 8-10 over stock.

·
Super Moderator
40,152 Posts
the x does make some power,has a bit of a raspy sound to it.....in my opinon worth the money...and it should pass emmissions just fine....

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes i have the stock pipe on there now.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
It's a good mod... You may need to shut off the rear O2s to avoid a cat efficiency DTC.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
great mod your sound will be nice

·
Registered
5,881 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
i put an o/r x pipe on my 88....im so gald i did it...i felt a big diff in power..reved faster,sounded better...and just overall better performance..its a good mod

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i have the sct tuner i got from brenspeed, can i tune for this mod with it?

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
I didn't get a DTC with my x setup Mark and just used the standard tune on the SCT-X3 when I added the JLT CAI (when I still had it that is), leaving the O2 sensors "as is".

BTW, as an Indiana resident myself, I feel your pain rifleman :sadcry:

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
I didn't get a DTC with my x setup Mark and just used the standard tune on the SCT-X3 when I added the JLT CAI (when I still had it that is), leaving the O2 sensors "as is".

BTW, as an Indiana resident myself, I feel your pain rifleman :sadcry:
Just wondering what type or brand of x-pipe do you have?

·
Registered
122 Posts
How do the cars feel down low with the x-pipe. I understood they lose some low end torgue for the gain in horsepower. Is it noticeable behind the wheel?

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
I got the MagnaFlow catted x but if I had it to do again I would've waited to get long tube headers and a catted x to go with it (e.g., the SLP or JBA setups).

·
Registered
122 Posts
No, there's no appreciable loss.
Thats good. I've read countless posts on the x-pipe and get mixed ideas on the expectations as far as feel behind the wheel is concerned. I am planning to order my CAI/Tuner next month and am considering a spice in x-pipe with it. Not concerned about exhaust note, just want more power and torque to pull the 3:31 gearing better.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
Thats good. I've read countless posts on the x-pipe and get mixed ideas on the expectations as far as feel behind the wheel is concerned. I am planning to order my CAI/Tuner next month and am considering a spice in x-pipe with it. Not concerned about exhaust note, just want more power and torque to pull the 3:31 gearing better.
Have you considered a gear swap?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Have you considered a gear swap?

Absolutely!!! Right now I have a 62 mile one way commute to work. 57 miles of that is all highway. Trying to find something closer. Then I'll look at getting the 4:10s or 3:73's in. Since I'll have the tuner I'll be set to recal the speedo by then.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i got my catted x pipe on today. i went with the magnaflow one cause it resembles the stock pipe alot so when the nazi emissions gal climbs under there next march with her magnifying glass and finger print kit to see if i got cats, it will look stock. it sounds alot higher pitched than the h pipe but it still sounds good. feels a little more powerful but not too much. a couple more horses cant be a bad thing!!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.