Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you replace the cooler pipes with flexible hose? The bellhousing bolt that I need to remove for the torque limiters is being blocked by the pipes. I'm sure I could just undo them, but replacing them will allow needed flexibility for the temp gauge and future tranny cooler(s). It looks like there is the formed pipe leading into rubber hose to the cooler and back out the same way. Should some standard rubber hose work for this project or do I need any kind of special fittings or whatnot?

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
I think if I was doin it I would just move the lines for the bolt now and then when your ready I would use some braided lines. Do you think your going to need a bigger cooler with that 20gal :hihi: pan you have?:scratchchin

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think if I was doin it I would just move the lines for the bolt now and then when your ready I would use some braided lines. Do you think your going to need a bigger cooler with that 20gal :hihi: pan you have?:scratchchin
Not sure yet on the cooler. I'm going to see what the running temp is at the track and see how much hotter it gets. If it isn't signifigant, I'll leave it as-is. May just do it anyway since it's only $60 for the one that I want.

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
Well that some cheep insurance then. Did you put the prothane motor mounts in?

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I did the mounts when I did the headers. I used the Steeda ones, but from what I'm told, they aren't any different other than they don't lower the engine any.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Can you replace the cooler pipes with flexible hose?
Yes, you can. If you flare the line just a tad, you won't have to worry about the hose slipping off the line.

If it were my car, I would pony up for AN lines and fittings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.