Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I know these questions have been beat to death but I'm asking about a couple specific ones and not the whole industry.

I've decided to ditch my GMS CAI, which doesn't require a tune, and go w/ either a JLT or C&L CAI and a Xcalibrator 3 or a Predator tuner. I feel I'm not giving enough money to the oil companies and OPEC, so 93 octane here I come. :thumbup:

My questions are: Which combo to go with? Which tuner is better? I'm really looking for folks w/ experience with each of these four items. or at least both CAIs or both tuners.

I have my popcorn ready so bombard me with knowledge...

·
Registered
63 Posts
A couple of minutes reading the millions of "Which CAI/Tuner" threads on any of the Mustang forums is probably in order.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JLT II and X3 from BamaChips.
This is what and where I'm leaning but they mix it up w/ the CL and Predator and the CL kits are more...just wondering why.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
I ran both the C&L and the JLT (in addition to the Powerhouse CAI). Honestly like them all. Currently running the JLT and a dyno SCT tune.

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
I thought you were going to ask something different??????

Well I have the C&L Racer and the SCT 2. I really like this combo. I think the bugs are out of the SCT 3 so try that one. This combo works good together. I would even recommend getting it from Tillman Speed with a custome tune.

G

·
I asked the same question to Douglas from bamachips and his answer was both the the sct and predator works well, but the predator has the advantage of more adjustibility to the user. I'm also considering the C&l and the JLT and I have decided to go with the JLT becuase most members seems to have it and like it, and it's cheaper :D. I also read about an article in the form of some guy changed his C&L for JLT and he thinks that the JLT is better

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.