Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my GT for 4 months now....... 6700 miles on her. Go to start her up last Saturday and the Service Engine Soon light comes on. Now the engine is idling really rough. Drive it a little bit and still rough. Take it to the dealer and one of the cylinders is miss - firing. They replace the injector for that cylinder and still has the same problem. Now they are talking about ...as he put it....Taking the engine apart to see where the problem is..... starting with the valve covers and proceeding until they find the problem. :happyhapp :happyhapp :happyhapp YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!! And to top it off they give me a FOCUS for a loaner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eyebulge: :eyebulge: :eyebulge:

Anyone here of this problem or had the same issue????? No TSB's are out for anything like this. Guess I am number 1..... lucky me!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Did you expect them to give you a Ford GT instead?:winks

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tw0scoops123 said:
Did you expect them to give you a Ford GT instead?:winks
Now that would help ease the pain!!!!!!! :eyepoppin :laughlitt :laughlitt

·
Registered
538 Posts
Demand a new engine. Thats BS. Remind them of the Lemon Law and then tell them there gonna get one of these :sterb: if they dont make it right.

·
Registered
386 Posts
crdshrp said:
Yeah I heard about that problem.
http://www.blueovalnews.com/2005/advisory/engines.2005stopship03jan05.htm
defective cylinder...they will tear your engine apart and scratch up the engine bay before deciding to replace the engine.
Gawd That would BLOW , for us "modders" sinking $$$$ on Body & performance enhancements that would be a nightmare...Not to mention guys like me, that are doing the blower stuff & probably voided the warranty to boot. I wish there was some way to ID which motors are defective..I just assume change the heads to HP heads than go through dealer BS..least of which is getting a new car...:weeps "At least one owner of a 2005 Mustang GT had their vehicle replaced due to a defective engine."

·
Registered
386 Posts
crdshrp said:
From what I understand, if ford installs the blower then it will not void the warranty.

Or get yourself a lawyer and you are protected under the Magnussen Moss Warranty act.

http://www.sema.org/main/semaorghome.aspx?ID=50096

facts from the government to help you out:
http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/buspubs/warranty.htm
Thanks , those are very helpful links & I bookmarked them both !

Maybe 10 years or so ago , my brother bought what was then 1st year of a new style Grand Cherokee....special ordered w/every available option ...at the time he lived in Fairport NY by Rochester ..within one month he drove with his wife & 3 month old daughter for a visit w/his in-laws & parents in westchester county ..probably 6-7 hours away.

When he was packed & re-fueled to go back home a few days later , the vehicle stalled...by sheer coincidence there was a chrysler dealer right where he stalled . He re-started the Jeep & it sputtered to the dealers svc door. Of course he wasn't too happy , new expensive car & all. Anyway ..while trying to get this problem fixed ..you know he had to get home a long drive away ..dealership want's to schedule a repair as if he lives around the corner, The Jeep catches on fire & literally burns to the ground at the dealership ..Of course his wife & baby were out of the Jeep...all their stuff & the usual care packs provided by both parents burn to the ground w/ the jeep.

They ended up giving him something akin to a cirrus to drive back , not very comaprable to a brand new Grand C. ..Not one dealer in the US had a jeep like the one he ordered & it took Chrysler like 6 months before they offered a lesser replacement...He said screw it & demanded a refund..within a year a TSB & NHTSA issued a warning that a faulty fuel coupler was discovered in the new Jeep GC, that caused over 2 dozen fires..don't recall if any had fatalities..pretty sure there were a few.

Moral of the story being ..once they got your $$$ they ain't as nice as before they got your $$$ :madas:

BTW after a year he did end up getting a refund .

·
Banned
128 Posts
yeah everyone who mods ther car and wonders about warranty should have those links bookmarked.

Service reps at the dealship hat when you say the words "magnussen
Moss Warranty Act"
If they play stupid 98% of the time they are.

Do you every time I bring my stang in they write No-Plate for my liscence?
that's because there is not one mounted to the front and they are too lazy to walk to the back of the car and read the plate! idiots!

·
Registered
358 Posts
tangraf said:
Had my GT for 4 months now....... 6700 miles on her. Go to start her up last Saturday and the Service Engine Soon light comes on. Now the engine is idling really rough. Drive it a little bit and still rough. Take it to the dealer and one of the cylinders is miss - firing. They replace the injector for that cylinder and still has the same problem. Now they are talking about ...as he put it....Taking the engine apart to see where the problem is..... starting with the valve covers and proceeding until they find the problem. :happyhapp :happyhapp :happyhapp YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!! And to top it off they give me a FOCUS for a loaner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eyebulge: :eyebulge: :eyebulge:

Anyone here of this problem or had the same issue????? No TSB's are out for anything like this. Guess I am number 1..... lucky me!!!!!!!!
That sounds exactly like the coil on the plug went bad.
It is typical of the 4.6 to do as you described.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ixtlan said:
That sounds exactly like the coil on the plug went bad.
It is typical of the 4.6 to do as you described.
Thats all well and good but they changed the coil also and it is still a problem.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update:

Ford can't find the problem and want to replace with brand new engine. :madas: :madas: :madas:

I paid cash for a new car, not one with a defefctive engine after 4 months.

I say no.. I want a new car........ they say I will have to talk to some sales director.

They are pushing for the brand new engine option.

All I want is what I paid for!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is BULL&*%T !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
269 Posts
tangraf said:
Update:

Ford can't find the problem and want to replace with brand new engine. :madas: :madas: :madas:

I paid cash for a new car, not one with a defefctive engine after 4 months.

I say no.. I want a new car........ they say I will have to talk to some sales director.

They are pushing for the brand new engine option.

Oh crap I'm sorry to hear that mate:weeps I hate to have them dabble with my ride for any reason, it seems things are never put back the way they were at the factory. For example I had a simple power window problem fixed on a previous ride under warranty and following that I had a rattle in that door they could never locate. Let alone have the mill replaced. I would like a new mill under warranty...but right at the very end of warranty, not when my ride is brand new! I wish you luck in your attempt to get a new car but that is very likely not going to happen. Let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had same problem - all be it in the UK with a Rover (the one's who recently went broke). Car had a crank problem that resulted in a soft knock as the piston "kissed" the head.

Wanted to change engine, we INSISTED on a new vehicle, and even got 50% off the cost of an upgrade to a better model.

Stick to your guns, threaten to camp outside the dealer with a "don't buy ford" banner!!

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Holy thread resurrection Batman!! Shoulda left this one back in 2005 where it was. haha

·
Registered
9 Posts
I feel your pain-I have the week old car with a blown rear end and driveshaft on the ground. Stylin' Malibu for a rental and waiting on new parts. Hope yours gets straightened out quick.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Time out folks. Just about every state has a lemon law. Your state government created and enforces the lemon law. What you need to do is call the attorney general's office of your state. Get them involved (remember you are a citizen and taxpayer of the state and they work for you) and have them notify the dealer.

Be tough, don't let them push them around. Use your local government - you pay for it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts