Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bear with me on this one. Several weeks ago you'll remember that my throttle body failed which contributed to an overly rich condition and plug fouling. I replaced the throttle body (with the Ford Racing 62mm) but the car still struggled, hunted for idle, surged to 3000 rpms with no gas & had unusual extremes of lean/rich. First I thought I had a bad vacuum leak but I quickly ruled that out. I then replaced the thermostat (which I know contributed to the overly rich condition), fuel pressure sensor and both front O2 sensors. Still no success. Today, as a last resort, I replaced all of my coils and that finally resolved the problem. I apparently had one or more fail with no DTC codes. Anyway, 3 weeks multiple parts, and $1100 later, she's purring like she used to. And I was just about to throw in the towel.

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
if your ever gonna throw in the towel, let me know and ill take her off your hands i guess....

well im glad shes back up nothing like a sick baby to really bring you down eh?

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
Bear with me on this one. Several weeks ago you'll remember that my throttle body failed which contributed to an overly rich condition and plug fouling. I replaced the throttle body (with the Ford Racing 62mm) but the car still struggled, hunted for idle, surged to 3000 rpms with no gas & had unusual extremes of lean/rich. First I thought I had a bad vacuum leak but I quickly ruled that out. I then replaced the thermostat (which I know contributed to the overly rich condition), fuel pressure sensor and both front O2 sensors. Still no success. Today, as a last resort, I replaced all of my coils and that finally resolved the problem. I apparently had one or more fail with no DTC codes. Anyway, 3 weeks multiple parts, and $1100 later, she's purring like she used to. And I was just about to throw in the towel.
Well that good you got it fixed. You can give your wallet a brake and you think cap. What COPs did you use?

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Trouble shooting a car like yours is never any fun.

Trust me I know!

Glad you finally got it narrowed down and resolved!!:bigthumbsup

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if your ever gonna throw in the towel, let me know and ill take her off your hands i guess....

well im glad shes back up nothing like a sick baby to really bring you down eh?
That's for sure. I feel much better.

Well that good you got it fixed. You can give your wallet a brake and you think cap. What COPs did you use?
OEMs for now.

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Trouble shooting a car like yours is never any fun.

Trust me I know!

Glad you finally got it narrowed down and resolved!!:bigthumbsup
Me too... I was thinking of trading it for a new Camaro. :happyhapp

Nows you big chance to try out the new GSM coils.......:happyhapp
You bet... I'll order them Monday. :so

·
Registered
2,693 Posts

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
I new you would get it figured out. The saying for this week ,"Never Give Up". STL the master.:bigthumbsup

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I new you would get it figured out. The saying for this week ,"Never Give Up". STL the master.:bigthumbsup
Thanks... This one really had me pulling my hair out. I hope this is it for awhile.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Thanks... This one really had me pulling my hair out. I hope this is it for awhile.
I hope I have your good fortune and get mine running, I got the fuel pump business straighten out had a connector in wrong position. turns over good but does not fire. I had a couple of COP dtc codes also over the past couple of months. I just returned a set after tune job at Tillmans figured I didn't need them. Hind site is twenty twenty, Hopefully I still might need them. Once I get mine up and running hands off. It does get frustrating. STL glad you got her purring once again.

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I hope I have your good fortune and get mine running, I got the fuel pump business straighten out had a connector in wrong position. turns over good but does not fire. I had a couple of COP dtc codes also over the past couple of months. I just returned a set after tune job at Tillmans figured I didn't need them. Hind site is twenty twenty, Hopefully I still might need them. Once I get mine up and running hands off. It does get frustrating. STL glad you got her purring once again.
I agree... I'm leaving my car alone for awhile.

·
Registered
9,239 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Yeah, and monkeys are going to fly out of my butt:D
BUTT MONKEYS:D:bigthumbsup Thats a good one that'll come in handy Thanks.

·
Registered
9,239 Posts

·
Registered
9,239 Posts
So you're not buying it, huh? :so
Not for a second. You need medication.:gringreen

I only say that because I do too:shigrin

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.