Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
465 Posts
charl1701 said:
Hey Guys!

This is my new pony package grille kit in my 05 vert:drool: . I also put the JBA dual exhaust on her:kooky: . I like it a lot!
Looks real good!! Did you have to cut your bumper cover or did you buy a GT cover? Also who is selling the Pony Grille package - how much? I'm interested.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rgensemer said:
Looks real good!! Did you have to cut your bumper cover or did you buy a GT cover? Also who is selling the Pony Grille package - how much? I'm interested.
I got it from West Coast... www.westcoastperformanceparts.com . I didnt' have to cut my bumper cover, it is a direct swap out for the V6 grille:laughlitt . Their harness plugs right in and operates just like factory equipment. I paid 350 plust shipping. Took about two weeks to get it, guess they are swamped with orders, but I like it a lot! It was well worth the wait!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
465 Posts
charl1701 said:
I got it from West Coast... www.westcoastperformanceparts.com . I didnt' have to cut my bumper cover, it is a direct swap out for the V6 grille:laughlitt . Their harness plugs right in and operates just like factory equipment. I paid 350 plust shipping. Took about two weeks to get it, guess they are swamped with orders, but I like it a lot! It was well worth the wait!!!!
How about the rear bumper to accomodate the other exhaust pipe?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rgensemer said:
How about the rear bumper to accomodate the other exhaust pipe?
Got the exhaust from the same place and it came with a template and instructions for notching out my stock bumper cover. Looks stock huh?:eyepoppin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
329 Posts
If i have a V6 thats the first thing i would put on the car,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
116 Posts
pony package

ugh- i still don't like the fog lights on these cars. know if they sell them minus the fog lamps. i like the rectangle and chrome lines. but not the lights
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
172 Posts
*****Be gentle on me for the potential dumb question*****


If this replaces my standard grill, how do the fog lights hook into the system? Is there some sort of an inline adapter? Do you have to install a seperate light control in the dash? Sorry if I am being ignorant. I am new at this.

Scott
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
394 Posts
I would like this for my V6. Oh, so many mods...so little money.


I wonder if there is a shop in Kansas that would like to "experiment" on my Stang? :p I'd be willing to allow some free advertising for mods.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
190 Posts
charl1701 said:
Hey Guys!

This is my new pony package grille kit in my 05 vert:drool: . I also put the JBA dual exhaust on her:kooky: . I like it a lot!
Have they added a switch to turn them On or are you using a stock GT headlamp switch?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
146 Posts
I just found this forum, and it's my first time posting. Looks like you guys have a cool place to hang out here!

I know this topic is over a year old now, but I just bought the '06 Pony Package Grille assembly for my '05, and it will be delivered tomorrow. I hope to install it myself, and was wondering how difficult the process is. I'm not a big mechanical whiz, but I figure I can probably do it, and save money on labor. I know a few of you have likely done this yourselves. I'd appreciate any helpful hints!

Here's my White Pony:

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,388 Posts
welcome aboard Retro Joe! :) I have no idea though..:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,021 Posts
That pony grill is very 60's futuristic-retro cool, man. I love it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
175 Posts
Retro Joe said:
I just found this forum, and it's my first time posting. Looks like you guys have a cool place to hang out here!

I know this topic is over a year old now, but I just bought the '06 Pony Package Grille assembly for my '05, and it will be delivered tomorrow. I hope to install it myself, and was wondering how difficult the process is. I'm not a big mechanical whiz, but I figure I can probably do it, and save money on labor. I know a few of you have likely done this yourselves. I'd appreciate any helpful hints!

Here's my White Pony:

http://www.di-namix.com/cglfc/Mustang/Mustang_wPony.jpg
From reading about changing out the GT grill with the Eleanor type (Making the GT Fog Lamps closer to the center) they said its as simple as pulling a few clip on top and gently pulling the grill out. They are held in by clips according to the article. I haven't tried it yet but am waiting for the grill to come back in stock and I will make the mode my self. As far as hooking up ht new Pony grill fog lights on your V6 pony I don’t know. I would assume/hope that instructions on both install and hook up would be included. Not much help I know but better than nothing. Oh yea I am going to make DAMN sure there are no screws holding the grill in before I start pulling on it.

Good luck and welcome to the corral
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
146 Posts
Well, I got my answers today. The grille kit arrived, and it is SWEET! However, I will not be installing it myself, as the instructions (which I had to find and download on my own since they forgot to include them) involve some soldering, plus removing a wheel and the inner wheel well panel to complete the wiring. Way too complicated for me. I'm going to see if my dealership will be able to do it for me tomorrow. Instructions say it's a 1.5 hour job.

And it does come with a factory "GT style" headlight switch to replace the original.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
72,878 Posts
Retro Joe said:
Well, I got my answers today. The grille kit arrived, and it is SWEET! However, I will not be installing it myself, as the instructions (which I had to find and download on my own since they forgot to include them) involve some soldering, plus removing a wheel and the inner wheel well panel to complete the wiring. Way too complicated for me. I'm going to see if my dealership will be able to do it for me tomorrow. Instructions say it's a 1.5 hour job.

And it does come with a factory "GT style" headlight switch to replace the original.
Good deal. Post some pix when you get it finished.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
465 Posts
Retro Joe,

What you are saying is confusing to me. It took me less than an hour; the stock grill is held by clips which release easily with a long flat blade screwdriver. You just pop it out, put the Pony Grill in, run the wiring and replace the stock switch with the GT switch. All my parts were FOMOCO except for the custom made wiring harness. I cannot imagine why you'd have to remove a wheelwell - and my harness connected with stacons - no soldering. This was a very easy mod.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
Turned out great nice choice and by the way nice car looks awesome!!
 
1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Top