Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got done doing my suspension, tried to do everything at once, but had to go back in one time to redo the springs, taking a breather for a few days. Here's what I did:

Tokico D-Specs
Steeda Street Adjustable UCA
Steeda Non-adjustable LCA's
Steeda Sport Springs
Steeda HD Strut Mounts
Steeda Adjustable Front Sway bar
Saleen Watts Link

I ended up taking the Steeda springs out and going with the H&R OEM Sport Springs since I was 1/2" lower in the rear and 1/2" higher right front than left front with the Steedas and a little stiffer than I wanted. Now it is 27 3/4" front, 28" rear from the ground to the wheel well lips and ride is a bit more compliant and I like the slight rake. I had thought the Steeda Sports were progressive like the Ultralights, but figured I'd try them...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Steeda Sport Pics, too low in the butt and pain in the butt with the Vert Brace spacers with the Saleen Watts Link:

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
H&R OEM Sport Springs, worked out great since the 1"/3/4" advertised drop ended up more like 1"/1" on my car... Only took me two hours to redo it.;)

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
very nice ... i like the way it sits. and how does it ride??

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
While I was thrashing on the rear suspension, I pulled the rear out (which Saleen suggests for doing the install, not really necessary), wire wheeled it and used some POR-15 I had laying around so I didn't have to cringe every time I worked under there. I got my car in December 07 from Michigan with 6k miles on it, hard to believe this much rust happened that fast. It was eating away. Damn bean counters at Ford, can't afford a little paint on the rear axle. My 98 F150 still has some paint on the rear with 100k on it...:rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
very nice ... i like the way it sits. and how does it ride??
Rides nice, though I just turned down the D-specs to 6/6 from 5 & 5 1/2 to improve things a bit and haven't driven yet. Want to be able to drive in comfort most of the time. Actually with the Steeda Sports and the D-specs at 7 it was really pretty good, just too low... H&R's have a little more body roll, but on a Vert it's better. The top was making new noises with the Steedas, same as stock with the H&R's...

·
Registered
635 Posts
Nice, much of the same that I did. You went the extra mile with the watts though.

I have Steeda Ultralights and I'm running the D-specs at 7's. The ride is a tad stiffer than stock, but handles much better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.