Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well finally about to pull the trigger on delete plates,throttle body and tb spacer plate for alittle better fuel economy.:gringreen I woulld like to get some opnions of the best buy for those parts. Thanks forn the help.

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
Dont waist your money on the spacer. What other mods do you have done on your car?

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Get the delete plates... Skip the TB and spacer.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Delete plates are usually a worthwhile option, but unless some things have seriously changed with the S-197s lately, the throttle body and the spacer will both be a waste.

But if you really want to get either the TB or the TB spacer, just get the TB. It might be worth 3-6 hp...might. The spacer is better off used as a door stop. Or perhaps a nice paper weight...

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
The TB is good only if you can utilize the extra air (FI, or heads/cams if N/A). As mentioned, the spacer is worthless. There are some delete plates listed in the AFM classifieds.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Get some underdrive pullies,LCA`S.I would not do the throttle body spacer.I would wait on the Throttle body untill your motor is ready for that.I would put some stage 3 comp cams in first or do a stroker kit.That is just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mods are JBA LT's and H-pipe,cold air,93 octane custom tune, ud pullies.Since my exhaust is flowing better I thought that a tb/delete plate combo might make a slight intake improvement.320rwtorq 315HP.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
Mods are JBA LT's and H-pipe,cold air,93 octane custom tune, ud pullies.Since my exhaust is flowing better I thought that a tb/delete plate combo might make a slight intake improvement.320rwtorq 315HP.
You might pick up a little but really not worth the $350 +/- expenditure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.