Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i saw this and thought i have to get it . This is cool, I have seen this on the luxury cars and when i saw this company www.50RESTO.com had this push button start i had to get it. I have taken some pics along the way for the install it took 30 minutes and . you can start the car like normal or when you have the key in the ignition and you go to crank the start engine button lights up and you can push it to start the car. What do you guys think. also if anyone wants the pics of the 2 wires that you need from the ignition i can add the pics .

Attachments

·
Registered
324 Posts
There was a thread about this about a month back. I think the conclusion to the mod was "why?". Unless it's just for the geewiz effect.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hey I was just wondering about the update on the Lambo Doors? Do you still like them? Any problems? Any weird remarks? Also, did you do the installation or have a shop do it? Did they have to extend the wires or were they long enough and lastly, did they have to do any cutting? I am very interested in this mod and was just wondering. Thanks

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
fitch615 said:
Hey I was just wondering about the update on the Lambo Doors? Do you still like them? Any problems? Any weird remarks? Also, did you do the installation or have a shop do it? Did they have to extend the wires or were they long enough and lastly, did they have to do any cutting? I am very interested in this mod and was just wondering. Thanks
Well they are great no problems. I would suggest if you are planning on doing this go with the Decah Kit. This is the top of the line and you will not have any problems. later. THis mod is the best i have ever done. It is an instant WoW where ever i go. THe only wierd remarks are seeing our cars are new to the market alot of people think that this is a factory option. I had a shop do the install , they are here in florida (Mad Mods Customs) they actually did a great job. they did not have to cut any of the factory wiring so the warranty is not voided in that aspect. they just cut the weather boot and extended that. they only cutting they did was in the inner fender they cut the lip from the fender out so that the hinges can travel all the way. its nothing that you notice when the door is closed . actually alot of persons especially at the local shows all look at it and Say that looks easy. and well even i said that. but this is a must do Mod. let me know if you need any other info. on this i can help. :wavey

·
Registered
110 Posts
I like the push button start!!!! I don't have it but after seeing yours I have been thinking about it. It's just for looks but I like it!! Thanks for the pictures and help!!!!!

Thanks for the update on the doors too!!

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Alrighty ya'll, here's my take....And I'm just thinking outloud, understand...

Now, you turn the key, with your right hand...

Push button is in the middle of the console....

my fingers/hands are not 2 ft long....

sounds like, and again I'm only guessing, I'd have to dislocate my left arm to hit the start button while turning the key.....Or try to turn the key with my left hand...

Unless you don't have to turn the key "all the way," like if starting a car normally...:?:

Am I missing something???

·
Registered
126 Posts
I'm sorry, I don't understand this "start" button.

You have to have they key in the ignition and then hit start - LOL :eyebulge:

It sounds more complicated than simply turning the key.

A better idea would be to simply hit the "start" button and away you go. It could either automatically detect your FOB or a keycard or something like that for security. I would prefer a thin key card for the wallet. Of course the door should automatically unlock w/o a key too :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Doesn't make much sense if you have to "activate" the key anyway.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Button looks cool. Reminds me of the "Eject" button used to fil the outlet hole. It's novelty stuff I think. Not practical but something to show and talk about. I wouldn't want Ford Corp. to start making them this way....

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Ahhhh, but the eject button would be sooooo much more useful.

So would the oilslick dispenser, and dual front mounted .50 MKII Brownings!

OHHH, and those cool Rockets behind the headlights!!!!!

Snowbirds BEWARE!!!!!
HAHAHAAAHAHA!!!!!!!!!:evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

·
Registered
29 Posts
I need the button that will keep people from going 50 in the left lane on the interstate. JC Whitney was out when I checked last week.

·
Registered
3 Posts
jplaytym said:
Hey guys i saw this and thought i have to get it . This is cool, I have seen this on the luxury cars and when i saw this company www.50RESTO.com had this push button start i had to get it. I have taken some pics along the way for the install it took 30 minutes and . you can start the car like normal or when you have the key in the ignition and you go to crank the start engine button lights up and you can push it to start the car. What do you guys think. also if anyone wants the pics of the 2 wires that you need from the ignition i can add the pics .
whats included in there kit? I see that its a $100 bux. The button from Honda is only 40. Do you happen to have the instructions that came with the kit and whats included?

·
Registered
534 Posts
I duno.. I think it's pretty damn cool if you ask me. Something to fill in that outlet right in the center of the dash, still can't figure out why Ford stuck it right there.

However, other ideas might be an oil slick button, homing missiles, or machine guns :happyhapp

·
Registered
151 Posts
U better supercharge the hell out of that thing to put your money where your mods are. I'm sure people want a peice of you all the time.

·
Registered
77 Posts
One Expensive pushbutton

I'm an electrical engineer that builds control panels using similar style pushbuttons. I hate to burst your bubble but that button is less than $10.00 in most cases. I think I'll go into the wholesale pushbutton market! What a markup! The wire connectors are pennies!!!

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I think it would be a great location for a NOS toggle switch on/off ... that push start is kinda cool, but i wouldnt do it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
LordBritish said:
A better idea would be to simply hit the "start" button and away you go. It could either automatically detect your FOB or a keycard or something like that for security. I would prefer a thin key card for the wallet. Of course the door should automatically unlock w/o a key too :)

I like the key fob idea and wondering if theres some kind of kit made that would activate the button when in proximity of the fob. The new corvettes have a great feature that unlocks the doors as you approach the car and activates the push button starting feature. Now thats something I'd like to see brought to the Ford lines.

Anybody heard of anything available like that?

·
Registered
496 Posts
vantage said:
I duno.. I think it's pretty damn cool if you ask me. Something to fill in that outlet right in the center of the dash, still can't figure out why Ford stuck it right there.

However, other ideas might be an oil slick button, homing missiles, or
machine guns :happyhapp
Rotating license plate?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts