Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there!

I recently had by rear end gears replaced (about 3k miles ago) with 4:10 gears at a shop and all seemed well - they were a little noisy but ok (FRPP gears too) but the shop said that this was normal for 4:10's.

Anyway, recently the noise from my rear end seems to be increasing and it is now audible all the time no matter whether im in drive or coast and at ALL speeds (no tone change) so im thinking its the rear wheel bearings. (it sounds like a rubbing noise)

I have also noticed that i seem to have quite a bit of in-out play with the rear wheels - im guessing at about 1/4". Is this normal?- could it be indicating something is wrong?

I would really aprecaite some help and advice as to what my next move should be. Oh, and its a 05 GT with 50k miles (a bit early for axle bearings to go??)

Hope you guys (and girls) can help - you are a constant source of great advice! thanks in advance

Tim

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
I would take it back to the shop that did the install. For one They shouldn't make noise. and it sounds like a lot of end play.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.