Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want my mustang to have the widder stance look. If I keep my original front tires 235/17/55 what size can I put on the rear to make it look beefier ;)? Only 10,000 miles on original tires.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
255/50/17 would be the best in my opinion on the factory wheel.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
Only problem with staggered tires is the inability to rotate tires. But it didn't stop me.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Here is another thought. What about putting the spacers for the old style Mustang on the new style Mustang?

They were designed to make the wheels on our s197 fit the on the older Mustangs. Put the spacers on the s197 with the stock rims and you have the wider look and you can still rotate freely.

Only thing is that the tires themselves aren't wider. Anyone try this yet? Maybe put the wider tires on all four corners?

I am not a fan of spacers and adapters due to the horror stories from back in the old days of adapters on bugs to fit Chevy wheels. I have them on my kit car with Chevy wheels and they make me nervous. But with todays CAD and such, should be MUCH safer.

Spacers

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
I think the TS wants a wider look not have his wheels stick out more. If you like your stock wheels just get them widend and then put some 315's on the back :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pictures

Thanks for the Rreplies. I want that wide beefy look does anyone have any pics of their Mustang that may look like what I am after?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.