Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using the aluminum rear window (not side) louvers from American Muscle? A little pricey but I could use the shade.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Very weird you asked..lol. I just bought my 2007 a couple weeks back and i removed the aluminum louvers. I put them on craigslist yesterday for $275 to try and sell them locally so I wouldn't have to deal with shipping. It was just my personal preference looks wise to remove them, as far as the function of them, they absolutely did keep the sun out. I'm going to just tint the windows in the upcoming week or so.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just bought mine from AM. They are a bit pricey but I couldn't find any cheaper. And the ones I did find all had high shipping rates.
I thought about going with the ABS ones (which are cheaper). But, based on the reviews, those didn't seem to hold up very well in the long run.
So bit the bullet and ordered them. Should be here Tuesday'ish. :)

Damn Amonte, had I known a week ago, at that price I would have payed shipping and handling fees. :(

·
Registered
194 Posts
Anyone using the aluminum rear window (not side) louvers from American Muscle? A little pricey but I could use the shade.
Yes, they look to be the Astra Hammond louvers that I installed a while back. They are designed to flex a little and may click the window glass at speeds approaching 100 mph. If that happens to you, then a little foam weatherstripping from the hardware store will fix it. Paint quality is OK on mine. Repainting should be a breeze, though, if you ever need to do it.

Installation wasn't too bad. You'll need some silicone sealant to seal around the edges of the mounting locations. I also remember one of the holes wasn't exactly the right size, which means I had to ream it out a little with a drill.

These work. I did rear louvers for the look, but if I had to do it over again, it would be one of my first mods. The car is so much cooler in the summer, rear window glare is virtually non-existent. It's also a great substitute for tint in states that are sensitive about it, like Virginia.

They don't henge, which is a good thing in my opinion. It means they fit snug against the glass. You'll need to take them off for cleaning, no big deal. When re-installing I usually torque them with my hand and then give the screws an extra 1/4 turn with a small screw driver.

I never use an automatic car wash, but if you do, then you won't be able to drive through one with these on.

The aluminum ones are definitely the way to go. They can be made much thinner than plastic. Not only is the look better, but because the slats are thin, they do not hinder rearward visibility.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.