Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, It has been quite some time since my last post.
We have been working diligently on a single turbo system for the 2005 Mustang GT, We were very pleased with the results, and thought that some of the board members here would be interested as well.
This is not a full blown race system, this is a system that is intended to compete w/ the major supercharger companies with comparable power levels.

The motor and drive train is 99.9% stock with the only change being the addition of Steeda CMCV delete plates, an electric water pump, the necessary fuel system upgrades, and our custom SCT tune.

The dyno graph listed below is a run on Sunoco 104 unleaded fuel, 11psi (all in by 2800 rpm), air to air intercooled. Shop temp was 91 degrees.
Fuel Pressure Drop Across the injector was a rock steady 39 psi. AFR was 11.9-12.0

We will be offering this kit soon, It will be shipped as a 9psi, 93 octane sytem. Power level should be in the 450ish rwhp range, It will be 100% complete including all the necessary fuel system upgrades.

I will not post the exact specifics of the components included just yet. Some of the components are being tested for both durability and performance.
We have been battling Mother Nature for the dragstip testing. But I will post those results as they become available.

We are also in the begining stages of development of a system for the 2005 4.0 V6 cars as well.

G

·
Why HP/TQ vs MPH and not RPM?

You shld do a run at 5psi to compare to "positive displacement units" out, and maybe 7-8 psi to compare to Vortech/ Procharger.

Pictures/ cost/ reliability?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Any thoughts about the (turbo) heat on the stock valves and springs? Same for pistons? How much hotter does it run?

What are the fuel ugrades? 42 lbs injectors only? Did you use BoostaPump or did you find a pump that was better than stock?

I am also wondering if a cooled 9 PSI can pick it up to 450 on a bone stock car?

Looking through this I sound like I'm female-dogging but it is serious and honest questions as I am interested! Nice with one more choise for us!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think the stock valves and springs will be okay with the 9psi, they seem to be hanging okay at the power level that we are pushing now. The EGT's are no higher than anything else in that power range with comparable afr.
We are being aggresive with our current tune for this very reason. We would like to see how everything holds up when we exceed the "comfortable" power levels.

Unlike the centrifigal s/c guys that are running upwards of 7000rpm, this test is over at 6300. So RPM isn't much of an issue either.

We are using an 03/04 cobra fuel sytem.

Weve tested the BAP with no real degree of sucess, I am sure that KB has spent more time with it then we have, so I would wait to hear from them for a definitive answer.

I firmly believe that 9psi will do or over-acheive the 450hp without much effort or having to get greedy on the tune, I think it can be done with 11.5 afr and timing that would not be considered aggressive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts