Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was talking with my body shop guy again today and we were discussing whether or not to clear coat the entire car after striping or just the striped area and alittle beyond.

He saying if I don't do the whole car I will feel the stripe.

Can I get some opinions on this from those of you who have stripes painted on the car?

S

·
0 Posts
I don't believe they cleared my whole car but the stripes definately have clear coat and you can't feel them at all. They are as smooth as silk.

·
Registered
13 Posts
WhenI had mine done they clear coated every surface that had the stripe on it. They did not do the fenders doors and such.

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
I don't believe they cleared my whole car but the stripes definately have clear coat and you can't feel them at all. They are as smooth as silk.
Yes for sure get the stripes at least clear coated. If not you will for sure feel it when you rub your hand across it. This way it will all be blended.

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
i think he is either being extra careful or he is trying to get a few more bucks.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Jacknh,

You should definitely clearcoat the entire body panel (e.g. hood, trunk, roof, etc..) .

It doesn't use that much more clearcoat and you'll get a much better result.

Ask the body shop if they're going to remove the hood, bumpers and trunk panels from the car when they stripe and clearcoat.

·
Registered
87 Posts
How much is he quoting you to stripe your car? Is he quoting you a big difference in price for the added clearcoat? The place I'm taking mine said that they would never do striping without clearcoating the entire surface.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.