Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was offered 300$ for my off road h pipe (that i paid 170 for). I kinda like it with it off, it is nice and quiet. So i thought maybe i would drop my car with the 300$. What are cheap springs that work well with the factory struts. I dont want to drop it to much. 1.5 at the most... And also if i get it aligned do i still need to get a panhard bar?

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
Eibachs or Steeda Ultralights will work. You may need an adjustable panhard bar and camber bolts or plates.

·
Registered
12,243 Posts
I needed both camber bolts and adjustable panhard bar when I lowered mine. The rearend could be off as much a s1/4" either direction...that is when a adjustable panhard bar comes in handy.

·
Registered
41,829 Posts
i was offered 300$ for my off road h pipe (that i paid 170 for). I kinda like it with it off, it is nice and quiet. So i thought maybe i would drop my car with the 300$. What are cheap springs that work well with the factory struts. I dont want to drop it to much. 1.5 at the most... And also if i get it aligned do i still need to get a panhard bar?
That is a pretty good profit for your H pipe. I really like the Eibach springs.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
I have the Eibach pro-kit... I just needed the panhard bar. It's different from car to car.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
What was that pipe made of? Gold? Tell that guy I got some ketchup popsicles for sale if he wants those too.

Anyway, I agree with what everyone else said, but I personally recommend getting the camber plates. They will cost a bit more, but you don't have to worry about the strut mount possibly popping when you drop the car. I have the pro-kit and driving the car is like night and day over stock.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I had the FRPP suspension kit installed and did not need adjustable panhard bar or adjustable camber plates. I have no problem whatsoever with pinion angle and the rear end is centered. The ride is lowered 1.5" and I generate cornering on a 200 foot skidpad of .98g with stock Pirelli's set at 38lb. I have no axle tramp on acceleration and corner like hell on the track. It occurs to me that possibly many guys use so many parts that either don't work together or that aren't needed in the first place. By the way, there are also no wierd noises, clunks, vibrations or squeeks. I have had this car up to top end of about 150mph and the car is rock stable.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I had the FRPP suspension kit installed and did not need adjustable panhard bar or adjustable camber plates. I have no problem whatsoever with pinion angle and the rear end is centered. The ride is lowered 1.5" and I generate cornering on a 200 foot skidpad of .98g with stock Pirelli's set at 38lb. I have no axle tramp on acceleration and corner like hell on the track. It occurs to me that possibly many guys use so many parts that either don't work together or that aren't needed in the first place. By the way, there are also no wierd noises, clunks, vibrations or squeeks. I have had this car up to top end of about 150mph and the car is rock stable.
It occurs to me that you were just very lucky. The majority of us have lowered the car and the rear end shifts, therefore you need an adjustable panhard bar. The cheap factory strut mounts are prone to popping. This necessitates new strut plates. I find it hard to believe that you lowered the car and your camber didn't change. Perhaps you are happy with it, but I don't believe it didn't change at all.

Good on ya, but trust me, for as much cash as many of us drop on this thing, we make damn sure we need the part first. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2 Posts

roush springs will drop u 3/4 of an inch front and back- since living in nyc we can go to low- prices are good with moss motors

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
I did the BMR ones which were really good. I did not need a pan hard either with them but I do plan on buying one any ways

·
Registered
150 Posts

Okay, searched for 2 hours to find this thread so I wouldn't create a new one...that's why it's back after a 3 week hiatus. ;-)

Anyway, I love the lowered look, so I installed Eibach Sportlines a year ago. Now, the front mounts are hosed. Fair advice...don't waste your time with lowering springs and no other support hardware. As it turns out, the stock front mounts are cheap anyway, so new/better ones are required, either at the time, or in the future (one year in my case). (BTW, they both went out, over tiny bumps in the road, sounds like a frigging can of bolts...horrible).

Coming to the point... In response to Mark DePersio's comment, I think it's fair to assume he's right, because the Shelby GT is equipped with nothing more than the handling pack (springs, dampers, sway bars, strut brace); i.e. no panhard bar, no caster/camber plates, and in reviews the FRPP outperformed Saleen and Roush suspensions.

I need to get my mounts fixed. I am not sure if I need new mounts and camber plates, or if that is one and the same...

Second, I need new front springs because the Sportlines are too harsh. Not sure what to do there: pick up a ProKit or FRPP kit, and install just the fronts? Not sure if that mix-match with the Eibach rear springs is a good idea or not.

Thanks for any advice offered!

·
Registered
362 Posts
If your going to have the springs off you might as well replace the camber plate while your there. I wasn't lucky enough to have people that have been there telling me all of this, so I have to take the struts back off and replace the plate because my camber is way off.

·
Registered
150 Posts
The mounts are the camber plates.
Thanks for the clarification!

If your going to have the springs off you might as well replace the camber plate while your there. I wasn't lucky enough to have people that have been there telling me all of this, so I have to take the struts back off and replace the plate because my camber is way off.
The mounts have to be replaced because they're making a racket. Was thinking about installing THESE with some camber bolts.

BMR sells the complete kit for around 450 and you do it 100% right.

I'm def changing the front springs for a less harsh and more balanced ride. I love the lowered stance but want a better balance front to back, and the Sportlines are annoying because the rear is higher than the front. What do you guys think of these Tokico's? They're about $150 less than the Ford upgrade. Is there a real improvement over stock?

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
I'm surprised that there hasn't been any mention of a bump steer kit given the lowering of the vehicle in question and the impact that that ordinarily has on handling without it (i.e., a kit being installed).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.