Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah I went to the dealer and a buddy of mine who works in the quick lane cleared the CEL for me, but it said camshaft position sensor circuit malfunction-Bank A

I also notice when I downshift and punch it... the car is hesitant... like its wet and I have trac control on... but its not on and its dry...

Anyone seen this before?:headscratch:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you serious? it said sensor failure... and everythings charging fine...

But then again your advice is spot-on from what i readon these forums... youre sure its the alternator? the sensor is 50 bucks... alternator is $250 or more...

·
Banned
696 Posts
Are you serious? it said sensor failure... and everythings charging fine...

But then again your advice is spot-on from what i readon these forums... youre sure its the alternator? the sensor is 50 bucks... alternator is $250 or more...
Same thing happened to me, and alot of others on mustang forums across the web. You can google some older threads and find that the alternator was the problem.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Same thing happened to me, and alot of others on mustang forums across the web. You can google some older threads and find that the alternator was the problem.
LOL ur right... all I did was type in "Mustang P0340" and got ALOT of hits... there goes my money for BBK LT's...:weeps

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
It's a bad diode in the alternator that causes that code. I know of only one case where a P0340 was actually a failed CPS.

·
Banned
696 Posts
LOL ur right... all I did was type in "Mustang P0340" and got ALOT of hits... there goes my money for BBK LT's...:weeps
Find a shop to rebuild your alternator, check your yellow pages I had someone do mine for 100$ even. Not even backdoor style, just asking for a good deal over the phone. Had it in that morning, out shortly after lunch, back in my car a few hours after I was out of class that day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.