Registered
101 Posts
if you're even considering going
s/c, then you might as well do
it now

·
Registered
362 Posts
If you are going to eventually Supercharge, save your money for that.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Do yourself a favor: form a plan as to where you want to go with your vehicle BEFORE you do anything. Simply adding power (whether by CAI, supercharger or otherwise) is not necessarily your best option unless you can get that power to the road and under control.

Many people (myself included) started with suspension upgrades (e.g., LCAs, UCA, etc.) first before adding a CAI and certainly before even considering any form of F/I, particularly given the issues that F/I presents (e.g., stress on engine internals, suspension, driveshaft, etc.).

Ultimately, you'll do whatever you want of course but you may end up learning some expensive lessons in the process that you might otherwise be able to avoid by thinking about your goals first, then laying out a plan and asking people here to comment on them (which you'll find that they'll be more than happy to do, providing you some excellent feedback to boot).

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
I agree with everyone, if you are going to eventually go for the SC, save your money and wait for that. Chances are whatever SC you decide on, the CAI will not be able to be used with it, and you'll end up wasting about 300 bucks. I made that mistake. I can only hope the shop that I get it installed at will buy my CAI from me.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
Do yourself a favor: form a plan as to where you want to go with your vehicle BEFORE you do anything.
Yes...yes...yes!! Too many people just start slapping mods on the car only to find later that they won't support a future planned mod. Know what you want to do now and it'll save you boatloads of $$ and grief down the road.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Prior Proper Planning PreventS Poor Performance. If you have a lot of money and want power that will last , build the motor for that supercharger first.

·
Registered
137 Posts
there is a big difference between a supercharger and a cold air intake/tuner setup...........especially price wise........if you plan on supercharging down the road the CAI/tune is a waste of money because it will be useless when you do go F.I. you will need supporting mods for a supercharger.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Get a 93 octane tune and forget about the CAI - it really doesn't add much. Run a few tanks of 93 through and then go for the forced induction. You won't waste any money since you'll need the SCT/Diablo tuner anyway.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Get a 93 octane tune and forget about the CAI - it really doesn't add much. Run a few tanks of 93 through and then go for the forced induction. You won't waste any money since you'll need the SCT/Diablo tuner anyway.
Agree. Going tuner first just added to the thirst for the Whipple.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.