Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Ok... sorry I ask so many questions but I got to make sure I do things right! I have a white 2005 Mustang GT, with red interior. I also have 2 Roush racing stripes that are red. I plan on purchasing black wheels, but I think that if I have white, black, and red it will be too many colors. What is everyone's input? Also should I get rid of the stripes, do something like the Steeda cowl hood (black center part), but not the hood mayb a black decal? or something, if I did that I would also black out my break lights. I would like everyone's opinion please! Anything that yall think would look good with my Below is a picture of my car.

Attachments

·
Registered
861 Posts
Just remember unique is cool. BUT if your car ends up looking like a JC Whitney catalog u have gone too far. U need to come up with a happy medium with what is cool and what is too much. Some of the coolest cars have some of the original parts incorporated into the car. I like the tail lights that come on the newer mustangs, the euro ones are crap; you want it to look American not euro don't u?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well the tail lights would be like the ones on the 3d carbon boy racer mustang. I don't know if I explained that very well.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Dude, leave the car white with the roush stripes. She looks great ! I´d go for nice chrome rims if I was you.

I like the tail lights that come on the newer mustangs, the euro ones are crap; you want it to look American not euro don't u?
There are different aftermarket ones out there. I got the APC LED taillights, they look pretty cool, almost OEM, are bright as hell and have 50,000 hours operation.

Attachments

S

·
0 Posts
I don't think black rims would look bad at all with your current combo but I agree that chrome would look awesome. Leave the stripes! White with red stripes is one of the best combos out there. Are they decals? If so you might consider going painted at some time in the future. I also like wider stripes but that is personal preference.

·
Registered
636 Posts
If it were me....

I'd go with black rims & black stripes.

Actually, that is what I am going to do.

·
Registered
785 Posts
"LuckyDog" your question leads one to ask "who's car is it?" In your original post you used the pronoun "I" over 10 times.
You seem to be pretty good at making decisions and you have put together a nice car. Get "some" input but not too much so that YOUR decision is easy to make. Step back from the car and look at it as a visitor to a car show. What do you see??? What do you want to see???
Good Luck and remember give a "toot" when you see me on Dale Mabry.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I think i've figured out what I want to do to make it my own. Im going to go with the black wheels, lose the stripes, lower it, and put the black on the hood.

Do you live over on Dale Mabry? Im in New Tampa. Oh and do you know of any good shops in the Tampa area where I could get this stuff done?

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
but I think that if I have white, black, and red it will be too many colors.
Technically, "white" is all colors and "black" is the absence of color. So, all you really have is red. :shigrin

E

·
0 Posts
Technically, "white" is all colors and "black" is the absence of color. So, all you really have is red. :shigrin
I was all ready to disagree based upon my high school art teachers teachings (white is absense of color, black is all of em mixed)... however, after some quick research...
"Technically speaking, white is not a color at all, but rather the combination of all the colors of the visible light spectrum. It is sometimes described as an achromatic color, like black.

As a misnomer, however, white is the color of things that reflect light of all parts of the visible spectrum equally and are not dull."
And
"Black is both a color and the shade of objects that do not reflect light in any part of the visible spectrum.

Scientifically black is not a hue (color); a black object absorbs all the colors of the visible spectrum and reflects none of them, and sometimes is described as an "achromatic color"; in practice black can be considered a color, e.g., the black cat or black paint."
Back to the discussion at hand, however... I think either going with chrome wheels or black wheels and black stripe would be cool. It's your car though, so I'd say do what makes you happy. I know for me, the older I get, the less concerned I am about others opinions. That's not to say I'm uninterested in hearing them... but in any decision I make, the value I place on them is decreasing all the time. Unless it's something I know absolutely nothing about... in which case, those I trust, I value their opinions more than any old joe off the street... but I still make me happy when it comes to the final decision.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I was all ready to disagree based upon my high school art teachers teachings (white is absense of color, black is all of em mixed)... however, after some quick research...
I can understand that... a little different perspective from the art view, but it makes sense, too. As an engineer, my perspective came from a scientific perspective.

·
Registered
25,098 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Luckydog827 - In Tampa - I had a helmet painted to match my 2 tone Harley. There is a motorcycle shop at 14540 N. Florida - RTM Motorcycles - owner is Tim Morrissey. He has a guy,l I think he lives in Brandon, that does air brush painting and he is really great. This might be a thought to get some "unique" painting done. Also, some minor "fixing" of the Harley and my Mustang was done by Carsmetics on Fowler. They have a painter that is also very good. Perfect match and Harley said it cound not be done.
Bill

1 - 17 of 17 Posts