Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will ive been doing a lot of research on superchargers and i need to know what one you guys think is the best for my 2005 mustang gt manual.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
will ive been doing a lot of research on superchargers and i need to know what one you guys think is the best for my 2005 mustang gt manual.
Can't go wrong with Kenne Bell. So what does your research tell you?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I run the saleen twin screw, 7psi pulley, ford performance injectors, Diablo tune. Run stock everything else pretty much other than exaust and cai. The engine runs fantastic, my daily driver, running 500 hp, 490 ft/lbs tq. Drivability and dependability are fantastic not worried at all about stock powertrain breaking.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I run the saleen twin screw, 7psi pulley, ford performance injectors, Diablo tune. Run stock everything else pretty much other than exaust and cai. The engine runs fantastic, my daily driver, running 500 hp, 490 ft/lbs tq. Drivability and dependability are fantastic not worried at all about stock powertrain breaking.
is that RWHP and RWTQ? I've been looking into the saleen kits over at Brenspeed, but the stage 3 kit claims to run 9.5lbs of boost and only put out 500HP at the flywheel. When computed, that turns into about 420rwhp-440rwhp. I think that sounds low from what others, and yourself are saying as far as hp #'s.

I would like to keep my internals stock for now and be around 450-470 rwhp. If there kit with the 6.5lb boost pulley will do that, then I will consider Saleen as one of my top choices.

I know alot of you are running Saleen S/C, what does everyone think?

·
Registered
714 Posts
Whipple/KB > Saleen for making power!! IMO

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i want to go saleen but i want a stage 3 brenspeed supercharger but yet if saleen is so great why did ford use whipple instead?? thats what im wondering or maybe saleen was to exspensive for them or something idk....but i want 450-500 rwhp and reliable.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i want to go saleen but i want a stage 3 brenspeed supercharger but yet if saleen is so great why did ford use whipple instead?? thats what im wondering or maybe saleen was to exspensive for them or something idk....but i want 450-500 rwhp and reliable.
Ford probabley went to Whipple for a couple of reasons, Saleen is notoriously slow with their supercharger delivery. They are not the cheapest, but DAMN they look good!. If you look at the numbers, Saleen pulls in more horsepower for less boost, that's what made up my mind. With the stk set up I have engine wise I just didn't want to push the limits, with 440 rwhp it's all the power I can get to the road with street tires anyway, lol but like our administrator said " hp is like a drug, you always want more".

Side note to GT Speeder13, 440rwhp sry for the delay answering, getting re-dyno'd/tuned on the 29th have some MAF issues, I'll post numbers then.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have also spent a couple of months researching and scratching my head on this subject. I finally decided on the Ford/Whipple kit for a couple of reasons. First and foremost, Ford backs it! And I like the idea of keeping my pony all Ford. Secondly, after speaking to the speed shop that installs various brands including Kenne Bell, I was told that the Whipple can't be beat for total output across the entire power range, and they have had no issues with quality of performance. I went so far as to call Whipple and speak to one of their reps directly. Ford rates the H.O. kit at 500HP which is conservative. Whipple rates the same kit at 520HP. Their stock H.O. kit includes the GT500 fuel pump and is tuned to put our 10 lbs. of boost which they consider well within the "safe range" for the stock engine. Of course your results may vary...

·
0 Posts
It all depends on what your personal preferances and goals are with the car.

I love my Saleen for lots of different reasons.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I have no complaints with Saleen.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
alright so im going to just go with saleen i think, should i buy a steeda cold air intake with xct tuner or saleen supercharger first? :frustrated:

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
If you are going Saleen call JDM an explain what you want to do. They are running some deals, they are selling below the Saleen advertised price.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
I suggest that before you make any final decision about which supercharger to buy (if any) that you very carefully look at, and be honest with yourself concerning, your goals/intended use of the vehicle.

If you are intending to use the vehicle primarily as a daily driver with NO strip activity then some people have been very satisfied with a turbo setup. On the other hand, if you intend to use the vehicle exclusively for the strip or mixed useage then you probably want a different setup altogether (e.g., a twin screw like the KB or perhaps a centrifugal blower like the Procharger).

·
Registered
327 Posts
I went with the Whipple from FRP. I have had this for about 5,000 miles and have loved it since. I think Whipple is hard to beat for one big reason-the mapping(or tune) was done by a former for engineer that knows what makes power and what is safe for the engine. The fuel mixture is rich enough under high boost conditions to prevent detonation. Keep in mind that I am at 5500 ft of elevation so horsepower is harder to come by up here. I made 466 rwhp and 460 ft/lbs rwt at 10#s of boost. I liked the product so much we became a Whipple dealer. I am confident that I can install this for a customer and know they will be satisfied. You don't sacrifice normal driveability and have more power than the car can put to the ground when it is time to play.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Sweet, I've been waiting for this thread myself. Eventually I want to SC my car as well and I do have a preference for the Saleen myself, as Saleen Inc. has a sucessful history of forced induction with Mustangs and they are not far from where I live, but also Kenne Bell is close by too, in fact, closer. Plus I know a bunch of Mustang people swear by them too.

The one I don't see here is the Roushcharger. Anybody running that setup on a GT? If so, how do you like it?

Also I live in SoCal, anybody that you recommend for the purchase and install (rather keep it on one bill) and do they offer installation and service at Saleen's Irvine and Kenne Bell's Rancho Cucamunga locations?

I plan on doing this when I pay off some bills, so it'll be possibly within a year or so. Also my usage will be some track time (mostly drag since there really isn't a road course nearby) and I like the linear power delivery and no lag nature of the SC... that and I like having big block power.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Every one keeps saying they like this big block power of a T/S let me ask you guys a quick question have you EVER been in a well tuned Procharger car?

If you have ever been in a car with an F1 I am sure you all most crapped your pants. I have been in just about every S/C type car and driven them all as well. Honestly there is no difference in feel.

I will challenge my Procharged car to any ones T/S car on the track and day (for fun and braggin rights) When you get on it in my car and feel how fast you start going and how fast your MPH increase your eyes get HUGE. It is never ending increase in speed. The power never tops out and only gets better through the power band.

If any one ever wants a ride in a well built car that is around Fresno let me know because I am sure my car will change allot of your minds about Procharger's. Just bring an extra set of jeans

·
Registered
912 Posts
Every one keeps saying they like this big block power of a T/S let me ask you guys a quick question have you EVER been in a well tuned Procharger car?

If you have ever been in a car with an F1 I am sure you all most crapped your pants. I have been in just about every S/C type car and driven them all as well. Honestly there is no difference in feel.

I will challenge my Procharged car to any ones T/S car on the track and day (for fun and braggin rights) When you get on it in my car and feel how fast you start going and how fast your MPH increase your eyes get HUGE. It is never ending increase in speed. The power never tops out and only gets better through the power band.

If any one ever wants a ride in a well built car that is around Fresno let me know because I am sure my car will change allot of your minds about Procharger's. Just bring an extra set of jeans
Damn wish I could be there. So what is your recommendation? I am currently waiting to install uca/lca and was looking at the ATI Procharger P-1SC Stage II @ 10psi and opt for the GT400 fuel pump.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Judging from your profile tached-out, it appears you have more than just a procharger on you car! A stock Mustang with a T/S bolted on would certainly not be in the same class.;)

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
If you're doing thorough research on forced induction, it should include turbochargers. I hear they put out pretty decent power too.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Judging from your profile tached-out, it appears you have more than just a procharger on you car! A stock Mustang with a T/S bolted on would certainly not be in the same class.;)
Yeah but I am saying mod for mod none of them should be counted out. Any one that says a TS is better soley on instant boost and has never been in a well tuned centrifugal car is purely ignorant. I have been in T/S cars that are turds and I have been in some that will make you piss your pants with the same power level. It comes down to personal pref and what you want out of your car. If you just want a street car 450 rwhp TS might be your best option but if you want to get into a serious track car and really have a powerful car do your home work. Not saying any one is better just do more research other then instant boost. I personally would rather have a car that traps better then others then be able to say my car builds boost faster then yours lol because while you watch your boost gauge scream to max I am watching mine build up while your head lights get smaller :)

Just trying to help you guys not waste money because I dumped $$ into my system and if I can do it all over again I would of went with a turbo.

Damn wish I could be there. So what is your recommendation? I am currently waiting to install uca/lca and was looking at the ATI Procharger P-1SC Stage II @ 10psi and opt for the GT400 fuel pump.
Incredible system I should be making 700 rwhp with my set up with the same S/C on a 15lb pulley and 110. I have the pumps that you want with the wiring kit if you want it PM me all you need is new zip ties :)

If you're doing thorough research on forced induction, it should include turbochargers. I hear they put out pretty decent power too.
I hear that turbo thing a ma jigger is a pretty good thing

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.