Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.

I have an '05 GT and three weeks ago my dashboard went completely dead. According to the warnings on the vehicle, the fuel gauge read empty, the park break was on, traction control turned off, there was no break fluid, or oil pressure. The car still ran fine, but no lights came on on the dashboard, it was completely dead including blinkers, lights, etc. even though they all still operated normally, however, the battery started dying. She said that one error was causing everything to go off. I noticed there was a correlation between the gas light going on and the smart box flipping out after she had told me about this. I brought it to my dealership and they told me it was the smart box; we had it replaced.

All was fine and dandy for about three weeks and then it pulled it again. This time, instead of happening when I started the car, it happened while I was driving down the road. It was raining, so the dealership assumed it was the rain and there was a water leak causing the issue. Took the car in, and they took it apart looking for a leak. There isn't one. There was snow here Sunday, so I think I believe them on that one because it surely would have had water in it.

I have become completely desperate to get this fixed because I am going out of town on a road trip starting next weekend. Not knowing my fuel level and distances could make it an extremely difficult trip. My dealership has never heard of this happening so I am wondering if you have had this problem, seen it, know someone who has, please help me get it fixed.

·
Registered
12,983 Posts
Have they checked the SJB (Smart Junction Box) area for leaks? That is a common place. Passenger side front on the right, there is a access door, pull it off and check for dampness.
Have they checked the fuse/circuit breaker areas?
Have you replaced the battery? You are probably due for a new one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1. Yes, they just checked the SJB area for leaks, and there isn't one.
2. I will ask them about this today.
3. My battery was just replaced in October.

Thanks. Hope that helps.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,505 Posts
I'm surprised they found it that quickly. Would like to know where the problem was exactly...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Seeing as I'm not exactly sure that they needed to replace the box in the first place if it was the trunk wiring, I will not be returning to that same dealership.

My car came back smelling like smoke and they charged me 77 dollars to spray some stuff in the air conditioner or whatever to make it go away. Ironic seeing as they caused the problem in the first place.

MOG Ford. :nono:

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,505 Posts
Seeing as I'm not exactly sure that they needed to replace the box in the first place if it was the trunk wiring, I will not be returning to that same dealership.

My car came back smelling like smoke and they charged me 77 dollars to spray some stuff in the air conditioner or whatever to make it go away. Ironic seeing as they caused the problem in the first place.

MOG Ford. :nono:
But at least it's fixed. :bigthumbsup

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.