Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been struggling with a fuel delivery problem (fuel volume) for some time so I finally took the car to my shop on Monday. While replacing the fuel filter, one of the quick connect fittings broke. And of course you can't just replace the fitting, you have to replace the entire run of fuel line. It's just one thing after another with this car. Starting to lose my patience.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Bummer.... Not sure if you already replaced the line, but I remember seeing where someone replaced the quick disconnect and not the whole line... The guy listed it as O'reilly's Part# 800-023

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bummer.... Not sure if you already replaced the line, but I remember seeing where someone replaced the quick disconnect and not the whole line... The guy listed it as O'reilly's Part# 800-023
Good to know... We haven't done it yet. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
WELCOME TO MY WORLD!!!! :evillol: Where parts break for no real reason!!

Seriously though, that sucks. When you say fuel volume, you mean you aren't getting enough fuel? Are you running a BAP or a new pump(s)?

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WELCOME TO MY WORLD!!!! :evillol: Where parts break for no real reason!!

Seriously though, that sucks. When you say fuel volume, you mean you aren't getting enough fuel? Are you running a BAP or a new pump(s)?
Pressure is fine, it's just struggling to provide enough physical gasoline. It's either the filter or the GT500 pumps.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
I've been struggling with a fuel delivery problem (fuel volume) for some time so I finally took the car to my shop on Monday. While replacing the fuel filter, one of the quick connect fittings broke. And of course you can't just replace the fitting, you have to replace the entire run of fuel line. It's just one thing after another with this car. Starting to lose my patience.
But Master Patience is a Virtue.:hihi:

At least it is nothing major.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
damn STL.... another issue eh.... hopefully after this one is resolved your car will actually be out on the road for a while... good luck:bigthumbsup

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
But Master Patience is a Virtue.:hihi:
At least it is nothing major.
True... This is a small setback by comparison.

damn STL.... another issue eh.... hopefully after this one is resolved your car will actually be out on the road for a while... good luck:bigthumbsup
Keeping my fingers crossed. :)

i replaced that whole line,,,,from the tank all the way to the Y block ,,,,,no issues:bigthumbsup
I'm hoping to avoid this!

Hang in there Stl! Everything is gonna be okay! :hihi:
Thanks!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Whatever you do, try to rid your thoughts of crossing over to Chevy.:nono:

·
Registered
9,239 Posts
Pressure is fine, it's just struggling to provide enough physical gasoline. It's either the filter or the GT500 pumps.
You need a return system with bigger fuel lines. I have some stuff on the shelf that will get you on your way (custom stuff). PM me if you are interested.

Running your power levels with the stock diameter fuel lines and a dead head system is not the greatest idea.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.