Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headlights, Fog Lights, Halo’s, & Wiring Harness questions….

OK I have purchased a GT front bumper and grill with fog lights to replace my V6 front bumper and grill. I am also upgrading my headlights and fog lights to the halo lights. Here is what I want, I am just not sure how to get it…

I want to have the headlight & fog halo’s wired so they can run independent of the headlights, however, they need to stay on when the headlights and fogs are turned on. I think to do this I need to wire them into the parking lights. Correct?

AND

I want the fog lights wired so that they can run either separate from the headlights or with the headlights and I want them to turn off when I switch to high beams.

Also I am torn between the factory switch and a toggle switch. I want to buy the GT factory headlight switch but I don’t think I can run the fog lights separate from the headlights with that setup. Am I correct in this understanding? I am getting the Street Scene wiring harness and it comes with a toggle switch. I am not sure if this would be a better route. If the factory switch will do what I want it to do I would rather wire the harness straight to that and maintain a more factory look. Someone help me out here. I need some advice.

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
The factory light switch will allow you to use the fogs seperate. thats how mine work now. You just pull out on the switch and the fogs are on. They also go out with the high beams on. I would also think the parks would be ok for the halos. I would use a relay for them. you don't want to overload the fuse.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.