Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kit Includes:

Xenon HID Bulbs & Ignitors
Hella Based Ballasts
Phillips Wiring Harness
Necessary Zip Ties & Instructions

Plug and Play Installation. Installs in less than 30 minutes. No cutting or splicing of any wires. Plug and play installation-less than 30 minute install time. Go back to stock instantly. No cutting or splicing of wires like other kits out there. Kit uses hella based ballasts, Ignitors, & Xenon bulbs. Only the highest quality parts are used.

Bulbs have average life of 4500 hrs. (12-15 years) Bulbs will last the lifetime of your vehicle!

1 Year Manufacturer Warranty on all parts. Anything goes wrong, we send you replacement parts free of charge.

Drastically improves lighting over conventional Halogen bulbs

HID bulbs use less wattage and power than conventional halogen bulbs.
This means less heat and less power consumption.

$339.99

What do you guys think? Alot cheaper then the saleen system. They come in Crystal white 6000k, Blue/white 8000k, and Pure blue 10000k. Here's the link: http://www.v6mustangstuff.com/05Exterior2.htm at the bottom of the page.

·
Registered
256 Posts
What color would you all suggest? I may pick up a pair and being that I have Sonic Blue car do you think the Pure Blue would look good or do you think it would be one of those cars that like went too far with their xenons. I see some like 1990 Maximas with these BRIGHT blue headlights that just look stupid. What do you think is like the color of a lexus' headlights? Probably the Blue/White I assume correct?

·
Registered
816 Posts
I doubt very seriously they are high/low beam HIDS. Real HIDS, like Saleens, have the low and high beam functionality. I remember reading in here a while back some guy beta testing some cheap HIDs. Remember the old adage... If it seems too good to be true, it more than likely is. :wavey

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was wondering what the manufacturer was leaving out thats one of the reasons I posted about it, thats mostlikely what it is.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Only one way to go as I see it. And if it too much money for you to buy now... "wait". Saleen. Period. Real ones with a high/low beam. (my opinion)

·
Registered
263 Posts
You are absolutely correct! I saw this same kit on another site. You do lose your high beam capabilities. That is the only reason that I declined on the offers.

2k5GTC said:
I doubt very seriously they are high/low beam HIDS. Real HIDS, like Saleens, have the low and high beam functionality. I remember reading in here a while back some guy beta testing some cheap HIDs. Remember the old adage... If it seems too good to be true, it more than likely is. :wavey

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have the Saleen HIDs (yes, I did spring for the kit) and I can tell you that there is virtually NO blue coloration to the lights at all.

When you first turn on the headlights, the coloration starts at purplish and then gets to full strength at less than 5 seconds, and then the light is a solid white.

High beams work, and switching back and forth from lows to highs is instantaneous, just like with conventional headlights.

I don't blind people with my HIDs, since the units were designed as a HID system from the ground up and have the appropriate reflectors.

I'd wait until Ford starts offering them OEM on 'Stangs (bound to happen sooner or later) and pick a set up then - it should be cheaper than the $1k I burned up for mine from Saleen... :smoke:

If you DO decide to get the Saleen kit, get it directly from them, it's cheaper than California Mustang and others that tack on an extra hundred bucks to the list price.

DON'T waste your money sticking HID bulbs in the stock headlight units, you will glare the hell out of oncoming traffic and be a safety hazard to others.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts