Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think the hood struts will be my next mod - my brother is going to do this mod as well and at the same time (we're family and like to do mods together, except the shaker... no hole in my car!)

We're undecided between Steeda and CDC... anyone have these or any other brands they like? How are they holding up? did they fit good? and post the site so we can check out!

Thanks so much!

Judi
:happy

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
I have the CDC ones to put on. I just haven't had the time to put them on yet

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
I think the hood struts will be my next mod - my brother is going to do this mod as well and at the same time (we're family and like to do mods together, except the shaker... no hole in my car!)

We're undecided between Steeda and CDC... anyone have these or any other brands they like? How are they holding up? did they fit good? and post the site so we can check out!

Thanks so much!

Judi
:happy
I did the Steeda, and like them. No holes to drill, uses existing OEM screws.
They are also out of the way and fancy looking.

The Steeda and CDC look about the same, either one you choose you won't go wrong.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
I have Steeda as well and they work great.

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
I did the Steeda, and like them. No holes to drill, uses existing OEM screws.
They are also out of the way and fancy looking.

The Steeda and CDC look about the same, either one you choose you won't go wrong.
Do I detect some dirt on the bottom of that hood? :nono:

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Do I detect some dirt on the bottom of that hood? :nono:
Yes you do, and trust me, it must of been from the dealer prep detailing compound (it was on both my vert and her coupe), ad since have (has) been cleaned.:hihi: Neve noticed it till I seen it when taking the pic.

I have always cleand under there but from the windshield area.
This was like dried on,

ALL GONE NOW.;)

Mr V never even noticed it upon inspection for membership in PPO club.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I have the CDC version and they work great.
One install tip though just in case you run into this.
I installed the driver side first using the hood prop to hold the hood up while I worked, then when I went to install the passenger side, the strut wouldn't line up to the bracket...looked too short. The problem was solved real simple...I unhooked the hood from the hood prop and pushed up on the hood with my shoulder while lining up the bracket and strut. The hood prop not only keeps the hood from falling, it also hooks into that hole so you can't push up on the hood enough to line everything up. I keep trying to push the hood up before I disengaged the hood prop. After the brackets were installed, then I unistalled the hood prop. :shigrin

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have the MRT's, which are just like the CDC's, but they came with a powdercoat option.
Very nice.
And, even though the instructions recommend two people for the install, I did like others, and did it myself.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
I have the CDC version and they work great.
One install tip though just in case you run into this.
I installed the driver side first using the hood prop to hold the hood up while I worked, then when I went to install the passenger side, the strut wouldn't line up to the bracket...looked too short. The problem was solved real simple...I unhooked the hood from the hood prop and pushed up on the hood with my shoulder while lining up the bracket and strut. The hood prop not only keeps the hood from falling, it also hooks into that hole so you can't push up on the hood enough to line everything up. I keep trying to push the hood up before I disengaged the hood prop. After the brackets were installed, then I unistalled the hood prop. :shigrin
+1 same here good install tip.

I have the MRT's, which are just like the CDC's, but they came with a powdercoat option.
Very nice.
And, even though the instructions recommend two people for the install, I did like others, and did it myself.
+1 also did the install myself, one side at a time.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
If you have a plenum cover on GT and go with Steeda get the one for the v6.I have one and it clears perfectly,plus keeps insulation from rubbing cover.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts