Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well ist snowing here in chicago and let me tell you i am very happy with it. the was around 3-4" of snow on the roads and snow drifts from 6"-1 1/2ft tall and the damn thing trucks right threw it all. i have a 97 dodge ram and the damn thing sucks in snow compared to the mustang. god do i love this car........

S

·
0 Posts
That's awesome. I have a Jeep for the snow but shortly after we got our 06 last year I was caught in a storm out of town and I was pretty happy with how it drove compared to other Stangs I've driven.

Man I bet Chicago is awesome right now. I've been there three times but never during the winter. I'm jealous.

Just watch out for the other idiots on the road!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea the others on the road drive like crap. but today there is no one on the roads really. and we are getting hit pretty hard right now looks like a scene from a movie out.

S

·
0 Posts
lol, the way I read the last 2 posts was funny... who are the idiots?

Ooops... I guess I just accidentally called 90BlueNotch an idiot...
:D

You know I mean watch out for idiots on the road....

Hey 90Blue - slide on down to the Kerryman downtown and have a Guinness on me! I'll pay ya back...
:)

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts

Hey 90Blue - slide on down to the Kerryman downtown and have a Guinness on me! I'll pay ya back...
Nice recovery there Snack! :D

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
I never purposely take it out in the snow. Much more for safety than cosmetic reasons. I have been caught in a couple of storms and I've got to say I don't have the greatest confidence in it.

S

·
0 Posts
66 6 banger - Throw sand bags in the back and you're off like a tank

96GT Ragtop - My wife had it out in the snow and knocked off the left side exhaust... I had it out a week later (no choice) and knocked off the right side. No more snow

06 GT - TCS on and feathering the accel worked pretty good. After lowering I don't even try. She's darkening our garage as I type this.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

will do lol.

but as for me tacking it out in the snow i had no choise cause the trans in the truck is junk and the truck is way worse than the mustang in the snow(truck is a 2wd).

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have had mine out in the white stuff too but I do avoid it as much as possible. I can't gripe about how it does in it though. I usually drive the LX in the snow, it has sport winter tires on all 4 corners and one sandbag in the trunk. I do worry the most about the "others" out there is one of the reasons it sits. I get to try some real fun this weekend though, I am flying down to texas to drive my 85 GT home.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I STILL don't know what this snow stuff is that all you yankees keep on talking about....:hihi:

·
Registered
708 Posts
Had mine in the snow once when it hit early in 05. Wasn't bad but not what I wanted to drive through a Wisconsin winter.

My chariot of the winter is a Jeep 4x4 with some Grabber AT2's. No comparison to the stang obviously. Was out busting 5ft tall plow berms in it last weekend.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts