386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any info yet on the breakdown of 2005 Mustang Production
By

V/6 coupe
GT coupe
V/6 vert
GT vert

also by color, options etc...am very curious what stats Ford has tracked on the 05 .

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
I looked all over the net and found only 2004 numbers... maybe they post them after the year...?? even though they are producing 06s now...??

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Found Some monthly totals from blue oval news :handball:

Mustang 2005 Monthly Sales

January 10,285
Feb 14,050
March 17,926
April 19,559
May 19,721 (month I got 1 !)
June 14,470
July 10,577

·
Registered
255 Posts
Well that comes up to 106,588.
I'm sure the '05 numbers for 2004 are out there somewhere. Should be able to get a pretty good idea of the total with those.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Doing a quick search, the only number I could find for 2004, is 36,670 from the start of production through 12/18/04. If that number is right, it should be pretty close the the total '05 production in 2004 since they shut down for a 2 week Christmas break right around that time.
That brings the total to 143,258.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
StangNut said:
Doing a quick search, the only number I could find for 2004, is 36,670 from the start of production through 12/18/04. If that number is right, it should be pretty close the the total '05 production in 2004 since they shut down for a 2 week Christmas break right around that time.
That brings the total to 143,258.
Didn't they start 06 production in august ??

At least that's what one dealer had said to me when I wanted a vert to no avail. Reply was order now ( may ) Aug production for Oct/Nov delivery

·
Registered
255 Posts
'05 Production ended on Aug 5th and '06 production started on the same day, but a different shift.
That's straight from an AAI assembly line employee.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Any coupe/vert breakdowns by color? Basically wondering how many yellow 05 GT coupes there are compared to the other colors.

·
Registered
12,243 Posts
Boglin said:
Any coupe/vert breakdowns by color? Basically wondering how many yellow 05 GT coupes there are compared to the other colors.
Approx. 2300 yellow GT coupes were made in 2005. I am trying to attach the production list, but it is in Excel format and many can not open it. Well, I can not seem to upload the file. When I get home I will upload the txt version.

·
Registered
12,243 Posts
Okay, here I go again, I am not able to upload .xls or .htm format, so here it is in text, although not as easy to read as it is in htm. Here is the 2005 production numbers list, broken down by color combo, v6, gt, convertible, coupe interior color and tranmission.

Attachments

·
Registered
867 Posts
Try mine - I even color coded it :)

Attachments

·
Registered
867 Posts
Well - I suppose I could be working but lurking and posting here is much more fun. I have one of those types of jobs where you have long periods of unbearable boredom broken up by momentary occurences of sheer panic. :hihi:

·
Registered
12,243 Posts
2horseowner said:
Well - I suppose I could be working but lurking and posting here is much more fun. I have one of those types of jobs where you have long periods of unbearable boredom broken up by momentary occurences of sheer panic. :hihi:
OOOH that sound like soo muc fun, I only have one of thos ejobs where I am grossly over worked, under appreciated and under paid. I get to work long hours with high stress, combined with minimal resources, low pay pay and complete lack of appreciation. How ell, I am having fun...

·
Registered
12,243 Posts
I know I am likely to get the same answer now that we were getting this time last year, but does any one know what the producction numbers are for model year 2006? I am currious to see how Ford reacted to the high demand for the '05. Ford's goal was to hit 192,000 units for '05, it appears they did not. I wonder what their goal for '06 was and how close did they get? I remember it was supposed to be a 3:1 ratio for V6 to GT (i.e. if there were 100K V6s, there should have been 30K GTs), but it looks like in the end they were closer to 1.5:1 or mabe even 2:1 (looking at numbers of 99K V6 vs. 60K Gts equals a 1.5;1, but looking at the percentages, of 62% V6s and 38% Gts comes a bit closer to 2:1). I would like to see a breakdown for the '06 model year and compare it to the breakdown for the '05 model year. Just curious.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
You guys are nerds!! ;)

PS. 2ho are you too a pilot...?? ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts