Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post, sorry if long winded...I bought my 2005 Mustang last year and have ALWAYS had a problem with the battery going dead. Last month I went into the interior fuse box to investigate and saw two wires jumpered into one of the fuses. I disconnected them and the battery has been fine ever since. It turns out they are the power to the LED compass and temperature in the rear view mirror.

FINALLY to my question, if I was to put the wires back into a fuse, but one such as the radio or wipers would the LED in the mirror only come on when the car is running (preventing the killing of the battery) as do the wipers and radio or is there always power at the fuse?

Thanks for any help....

·
Registered
357 Posts
You need to find a service Manual , Try to find out how this hooks up , I beleive that mirror was not avaliable till 07 so if someone installed it , It is done wrong ,, You might try what you say , It needs to be in a fuse that tuirns off with the key ,, Becarful not to set the air bags off with your probe ,,, :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
To properly hook it up it will need to be grounded, and then the power needs to run off a secondary "hot". You can find this by testing an ignition wire and the light should not come on when the key is off, but should come on when you turn the ignition on. but like the previous post says you have to be careful that you don't get an airbag wire and set the bags off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.