Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all members and thanks for having me as a member. I recently bought a 2005 Mustang, and noticed I was having trouble reaching the seat belt by reaching over my shoulder. Is there supposed to be a sort of guide/holder attached to the top of the seat? Or maybe attached to the headrest? If so, would the Ford garage be the place to get two of these? What are they really called?
While I am here, can I remove the headrest without doing any surgery to the seat?
Thanks in advance to all who respond.
Suprglyde

·
Registered
769 Posts
Hi to all members and thanks for having me as a member. I recently bought a 2005 Mustang, and noticed I was having trouble reaching the seat belt by reaching over my shoulder. Is there supposed to be a sort of guide/holder attached to the top of the seat? Or maybe attached to the headrest? If so, would the Ford garage be the place to get two of these? What are they really called?
While I am here, can I remove the headrest without doing any surgery to the seat?
Thanks in advance to all who respond.
Suprglyde
To remove the headrest you need a paper clip. There is a small hole on the guide without the button. Raise the headrest to the highest piont and pust the paperclip in the hole and pull up on that guide to disengage it. Once that side is disengaged use the button on the other side to disengage that one and the rest will come out.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Not sure on the 05's but my 07 has a strap where the seat bottom & back meet, it snaps into place & is so you can put the seatbelt through it to keep it in reach.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Welcome to AFM, be sure to check out the 2005+ section:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you.
This '05 is my 6th Mustang. Now my wife and I both have one, naturally though, her's is a drop-top!

·
Registered
25,098 Posts
:wavey Enjoy the site!! :myhappydance: :happydancer:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.