Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If there is one thnig that drives me nuts about all cars, its when the car gets to be a few years old and the leather seats start creasing, and get that tired and deflated lotta big ass high mileage look. I have a 2005 windveil Blue gt Mustang and it has Tan leather interior, its a gorgeous car and an awesome color combination with only 29000 miles and change on it. But already the drivers seat doesnt quite look brand new. Is there a company that makes reproduction seat covers and foams, and if so how much do they cost and anyone got a ball park estimate on how much having the seats recovered will cost. I dont wanna stop driving the car, but this will drive me crazy and I will to keep it nice if theres no refuge from the seats wearing.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
I don't know if the 2010 and the 05-09 seats are the same, but this site will sometimes have leather seats for sale that were taken out of new Mustangs. Ford Mustang OEM Auto Parts for sale

I have no experience with aftermarket leather seat covers, sorry.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gods honest

Gods honest If I could find them for sale, I would but them and store them as I need them. This is by far my biggest pet peeve

·
Registered
453 Posts
ford dealers can sell you seat covers, no idea about foam though. www.fordpartswebsite.com is where I look for dealer prices. Right now I see that leather seat covers are about 115 for the driver's seat. I think thats black leather though. There are another 6 things on thier page I cannot see so tan leather might be listed and with a different price.call your ford dealer, and ask how much for a new tan leather seat cover for your 05-09 stang. Also, stocking up might not be a bad idea as the 2010 models no longer do tan interiors.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
I don't know how bad your seats are, but I've used Luxol leather conditioner on my car and the wrinkles came out. Granted, I don't sit in it for hours at a time, but the few wrinkles I had were taken care of quickly and inexpensively. Us it with the leather cleaner to let the conditioner get deeper into the leather and soften it up enough to relax. It might be worth a shot if you don't have to get the seats redone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.