Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new 2005 Ford Mustang owner and would like to replace the faceplate on the Shaker 1000 along with getting a CD out that seems stuck. Any help would be great as my teenager is going nuts. Thanks.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Just get a new radio. I have a 05 too. i love the 7" DVD/Nav/CD radio i upgraded to. It was also pretty easy also to install. it will solve your stuck Cd and your change of faceplate issues.

Attachments

·
Registered
218 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Digging up an old thread for a question about faceplates...

I have the shaker1000 but all the paint is flaking off the buttons so I want to swap out the faceplate so it will look nice again (and I don't want to buy the kit with just the stickers that you place over the buttons). Does anyone know if the connections on the faceplate to the radio are different for the base/500/1000? The plates themselves can be found easily enough on Ebay, but it's a crapshoot what version they have printed on the front. I honestly don't care what it says above the CD slot (i.e. "Mp3", "Shaker500", "Shaker1000") as long as it works. They all have the same buttons so it seems like they should, but one never knows.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts