Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had my whole engine replaced under a limited warranty by my Ford dealership (Planet Ford in Humble, Texas). I drove the vehicle home on the freeway, and when I got pretty far away from the dealership, I noticed that the car was shaking pretty good towards the front of the vehicle when I made slight turns to the right. I noticed that it doesn't do this when I am just on city streets. It seems isolated to speeds at around 60+ mph. I wanted to call them back, but they had just closed.

A couple of months ago, I was involved in an accident, and my front suspension was replaced. That seemed to be working out fine when I gave the car to the dealership. They also checked for any unusual tire wear. So, I feel like it may be related to the engine mounts. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
472 Posts
possible tires need balanced or wheel alignment needs to be done

If air pressures alright make sure that all the wheels are balanced then but before that if its bouncy id check the shocks also make sure that wheel aligment has been done that's what I did I'm my suspension class back in ks

·
Registered
472 Posts
Also try checkin the torque on the wheels of the car it could be shaky for not tight eough torque done to the wheels

·
Registered
226 Posts
recently my car would shake and it was pretty much cause my tires were so bald.. and when i got new tires shaking went away and my mpg went up to 23/24 before it was 19.
maybe take your car it a different place so they can diagnose the problem

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I'm going to take it somewhere else this weekend to get it checked out. I didn't experience any of the shakiness today though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts