Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at 2005 mustang coupe with 75k miles for 8500$

is this too good to be true? I am worried about mileage and repairs - will i be able to get the extended warranty up to 100k miles since I'm under the 80k mark or are there barriers and restrictions?

im a bike guy and as lean towards imports but cant take my mind off this pony.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
"Show me the carfax." :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
welcome to the forums. for 85, i wouldnt even worry about the car fax too much.( unless its had some really serious trouble) my car has been banged up, i could care less, its still really nice. check the rt frt floor for mold or water damage. the smart junction box in in the kick panel. make sure everything works on the car. if it looks good, runs good sounds good. it will need some maint, fluids, shocks, struts, filters, plugs ect. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys

its from a local private dealer; instead of a carfax i think im going to use the money to take have a mechanic inspect it.

It cant run more than 100$ right? lets hope so...i want this baby

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
sounds like a good idea. ive got 92,000 on mine now, its still running strong. i have done alot of maint stuff though, i`m getting ready for my 2nd set of struts, shocks and strut bearings(mounts). i get the gt takeoffs from newtakeoff.com. great(cheap) price. theres some discount online ford places to buy parts too. and then if you want to start modding that baby, youve come to the right place :D good luck, hope it checks out ok.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Take it for a test drive and trust your judgement. If something doesn't sound, feel, or appear right, then it should be a no go. You're taking a good step by also having a trusted mechanic look it over. He (or she) should be able to let you know what to watch out for now or in the future. Hopefully all falls right and you'll be behind the wheel of that machine soon.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh yea! I will be test driving it this Monday and hopefully be the new owner by Thursday at the latest

will put up pics and embrace the joy of owning a mustang

as far as as the mustang itself - any other tips/advice? I'm reading up a lot on financing and steps of caution

what about insurance? what if i cant afford full coverage? should basic be alright..?

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
+1 on getting it checked out and as said before if something doesn't feel or sound right keep looking, that may be part of why it's such a good price, but it could just be a good deal. As for the insurance I wouldnt get anything but full coverage. If you are financing it you will probably be required to get full coverage

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
test drove it yesterday; my uncle (hot rod builder) checked it out; clean car history; and dealer even dropped the price a little bit

one step closer mustangbrahs!!

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Good luck on your stang :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
531 Posts
oh yea! I will be test driving it this Monday and hopefully be the new owner by Thursday at the latest

will put up pics and embrace the joy of owning a mustang

as far as as the mustang itself - any other tips/advice? I'm reading up a lot on financing and steps of caution

what about insurance? what if i cant afford full coverage? should basic be alright..?
nice choice i have a 2005 v6. the car runs great with 94k miles on it, i bought it with 48k. i bought it dec 08 and have been very satisfied. 8000 is not a bad price actually its really good. how much money are you putting down. my car was $13k 9.0 % apr it came out to $19k and this was back in 08. i kinda got ripped off because it was my first car and i did everything on my own ( i was 19 ). i have full coverage it came out to $175 a month its a little high.

after a little mods your mustang will grow on you kinda like a baby.

·
Registered
297 Posts
bought my 06 GT from a local Ford dealership, purchased it after checking the carfax....and realized it had been hit in the drivers rear quarter panel.
nothing showed on the carfax.

rather spend my money on a mechanics opinion anytime.

on my 4th Mustang...well worth any troubles i've had with them, which was few.

good luck and enjoy!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts