Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the Magnapacs ended up being too much for highway cruising and I switched to GT takeoffs. I want a louder exhaust and am considering the SSS Adrenaline axle back. It seem very similar to Borla stingers which sound very good on the V6s, and in the description SSS claims it doesn't drone. I understand that this claim is very unlikely and would like some help from members who have had experience with the system.

How much drone do the SSS axle backs have? Is it easy to carry on a conversation at highway speeds 60-70 mph? The Magnapacs droned so bad when i had them that they caused a rattle inside the cabin, and i dont want a repeat performance.

SSS 05-09 Mustang Adrenaline Exhaust Muffler System

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
You thought the Magnapacks droned that bad? I don' think the drone is too bad with them. Regarding the SSS axlebacks, I bet they also drone. Staight thru bullet type axlebacks like the stingers, magnapacks and more than likely the SSS will have some drone.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They were pretty bad. I'm hoping someone will chime in with a good review, because for that price, the Adrenaline axle back is probably one of the best looking exhausts.

·
Registered
937 Posts
I have Borlas and they drone with the stock H pipe but not horribly. I had them paired with an X on my last car and the drone was much more bearable. Look at the Bassani Race mufflers. I had those with highflow cats and an H and they had very little drone. By the way, do you still have the Magnapacks? I would trade you my Borlas for them.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No I don't. A 2010 GT owner bought them from me. I got his mufflers and over-axle pipes. It sounds good, but I want something louder. That's why I'm looking into the SSS Adrenalines. With such a great price and great looks, it looks like a really good option as long as drone isn't bad.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I know you already sold the magnpacks, but keep in mind for when you buy other axlebacks that: axlebacks usually get louder over time, after they break in. The car will sound better and be louder from the outside when someone else is driving it.

·
Registered
937 Posts
If they sound like the Borlas, the drone may be a little much for you but they are a good bit louder than stock and sound great.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Well the Magnapacs ended up being too much for highway cruising and I switched to GT takeoffs. I want a louder exhaust and am considering the SSS Adrenaline axle back. It seem very similar to Borla stingers which sound very good on the V6s, and in the description SSS claims it doesn't drone. I understand that this claim is very unlikely and would like some help from members who have had experience with the system.

How much drone do the SSS axle backs have? Is it easy to carry on a conversation at highway speeds 60-70 mph? The Magnapacs droned so bad when i had them that they caused a rattle inside the cabin, and i dont want a repeat performance.

Ill bet these drone also. the video say no drone at 60mph well hell he speeds up then lets it coast and then as he starts to get back on the gas I can hear the drone start to come in and they cut the video!

with my catted X and PYPES Violators there is absolutly no drone what so ever. I recently switched to the PYPES mid muff system and I have drone :( sound is deeper but it drones...not to bad but I dont drive it everyday and if I did Id say they would be coming off.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ill bet these drone also. the video say no drone at 60mph well hell he speeds up then lets it coast and then as he starts to get back on the gas I can hear the drone start to come in and they cut the video!

with my catted X and PYPES Violators there is absolutly no drone what so ever. I recently switched to the PYPES mid muff system and I have drone :( sound is deeper but it drones...not to bad but I dont drive it everyday and if I did Id say they would be coming off.
The one in the video is their Terminator series. Its mufflers are smaller than the Adrenaline axle back, and it's supposed to be the aggressive setup. I'm looking into the Adrenaline axle back.

·
Banned
708 Posts

I had the SSS adrenaline system on my 09 and that is the milder of the two axle backs they offer,the other one being the terminator....Upon recieveing my package they were not lie ing about how polished the system is (beautiful) alot of quality for the money..after tweaking them to line up right (nightmare)..The sound is awesome , deep agreesive tone, however they do drone at 1800- 2000 rpms, the drone is not mind crushing but definately there and on cooler nights or before the system really warmed up it was even worse...I do have a catted x pipe so the drone might have been a little more noticeable for this reason..although i loved the look of the straight through mufflers and the excllent craftmanship i would not recommend these if your anything like me, me being I HATE DRONE!!! after about a month on my car i swaped these out for my current setup(GTA s) and i tell you my headaches of exhaust is over...not only do i have a great deep tone(not raspy at all) , but i honestly will say 100 percent no drone at any speeds or rpms...Keep in mind my GTA s are a little louder then most people who run this due to the fact of the x pipe really waking them up....anyways i couldn't be happier and i will never change this set up on this car as long as i have it, not to mention i get compliments all the time on how great it sounds......GO GTA man you won't regret it , trust me:cooldude:

·
Registered
432 Posts
I'm running the SSS Terminator's on my 07' since I bought it & they do have some drone from 1800-2000. They have since "mellowed" a bit, combined with the 3.73 gear install that keeps me out of that RPM range more now, they aren't that bad.
An X pipe is supposed to help with the drone on the flow-thru design cans also I think.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.