Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone swapped out their steering wheel center cap?

I want to swap the cap btwn my '05 and my '06.

My '05 cap is kinda messed up inside and since I'm selling the '06 and that cap is perfect I wanted to switch them.

What's the best way to do this to ensure I don't mess anything up with either of the caps or steering wheels?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Swap out the airbag. There is a plug on the sides under the top spokes. Remove the cap, then remove the bolt on each side. After you remove those bolts, slide out the airbag, and detach the two yellow cables. Prior to all this, disconnect the negative battery cable, and pull a fuse under the passenger side fuse box (sorry don't remember which one).

Reverse the process.

-danny

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Swap out the airbag. There is a plug on the sides under the top spokes. Remove the cap, then remove the bolt on each side. After you remove those bolts, slide out the airbag, and detach the two yellow cables. Prior to all this, disconnect the negative battery cable, and pull a fuse under the passenger side fuse box (sorry don't remember which one).

Reverse the process.

-danny
Thanks bro, but I just wanted to swap the cap on the wheel. Should I just carefully use a butter knife and pry it out?

·
Registered
10 Posts
DON'T pull it out. This may be too late but it's worth telling you. I took mine out to have it painted black... looked badass but it never went in right. Now I have to buy the Saleen replacement cap on ebay because that's the only replacement steering wheel cap I can find for an 05+. If you have a solution for me, please tell.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.