Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so some months have gone by since i did the by-pass to the throttle body coolant lines. its gone from cold to 100+ temperatures in this area. no changes good or bad to performance. i`m thinking it was kind of a useless thing. the only advantage is now its easier to remove the throttle body to clean it, which is not a bad thing :shiny:

Attachments

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
so some months have gone by since i did the by-pass to the throttle body coolant lines. its gone from cold to 100+ temperatures in this area. no changes good or bad to performance. i`m thinking it was kind of a useless thing. the only advantage is now its easier to remove the throttle body to clean it, which is not a bad thing :shiny:

glad to have an official review, i have other plans.

but first i need a TB off a 06+ so i dont have the 2 valves sticking out

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
glad to have an official review, i have other plans.

but first i need a TB off a 06+ so i dont have the 2 valves sticking out
i didnt even block the 2 ports off, its just a coolant cavity and you cant really see them up under there unless you get into the engine bay looking for them. i thought i`d post this to see if anyone had any conditions doing this good or bad.

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
i didnt even block the 2 ports off, its just a coolant cavity and you cant really see them up under there unless you get into the engine bay looking for them. i thought i`d post this to see if anyone had any conditions doing this good or bad.

i know you cant see them...but I know they are there

·
Registered
566 Posts
i did the bypass when i got my new tb and it is much easier to remove for cleaning

·
Registered
751 Posts
How often you do clean the tb?

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How often you do clean the tb?
the first time i cleaned it i think was around 40,000 or so, it was filthy and i`m sure had never been done. the last time was around 10,000 and it didnt look too bad really. you can check it just by pulling the cai off the frt and looking in. if its all black, wouldnt hurt to clean it. can of throttle body cleaner and some clean rags. :)

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
the first time i cleaned it i think was around 40,000 or so, it was filthy and i`m sure had never been done. the last time was around 10,000 and it didnt look too bad really. you can check it just by pulling the cai off the frt and looking in. if its all black, wouldnt hurt to clean it. can of throttle body cleaner and some clean rags. :)

dont mean to jack your thread but your car blows!

"4.0 hp emblems" in your sig.

get a REAL car, get a REAL 4.0L V6.

just because its 4.0...dont mean its a 4.0!

dont you mean 4.0L? lol
:wavey

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dont mean to jack your thread but your car blows!

"4.0 hp emblems" in your sig.

get a REAL car, get a REAL 4.0L V6.

just because its 4.0...dont mean its a 4.0!

dont you mean 4.0L? lol
:wavey
thanks 05horse, i like your car too, even though its a stick. :D my emblems say 4.0 high performance, but ive run out of number of character spaces in the signiture so ive had to abreviate as much as possible.:) any more mods i`ll have to ditch the 06 for more space:hihi: but thank you for taking the time to read my entire sugniture :wavey

Attachments

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
thanks 05horse, i like your car too, even though its a stick. :D my emblems say 4.0 high performance, but ive run out of number of character spaces in the signiture so ive had to abreviate as much as possible.:) any more mods i`ll have to ditch the 06 for more space:hihi: but thank you for taking the time to read my entire sugniture :wavey

hehe neato!

i dident put in the smileys or anything...but then it sounded too harsh lol.

those are neat

·
Registered
714 Posts
No temperature measurements were made, and "no changes to performance" is only by seat of the pants feel.

Ideally, you'd monitor intake air temps under same ambient air temps with and without the bypass and measure the effects actual intake air temperature under idle, part throttle, and wide open throttle.

In general, anything to reduce the temperature of incoming air will improve performance and efficiency and potency of combustion.
Running hot water through the throttle body will heat it up, and air flowing through it will heat up slightly. Not good.

Do the mod, it's easy to do; Ford did away with the bypass in '06, so even they agree it's not needed at least in most climates.

·
Registered
137 Posts
No temperature measurements were made, and "no changes to performance" is only by seat of the pants feel.

Ideally, you'd monitor intake air temps under same ambient air temps with and without the bypass and measure the effects actual intake air temperature under idle, part throttle, and wide open throttle.

In general, anything to reduce the temperature of incoming air will improve performance and efficiency and potency of combustion.
Running hot water through the throttle body will heat it up, and air flowing through it will heat up slightly. Not good.

Do the mod, it's easy to do; Ford did away with the bypass in '06, so even they agree it's not needed at least in most climates.

thank you for the in depth description! I went ahead and did this last night right after work. definitely was simple and gave me a chance to look at my new radiator cover shield thing while doing so hahah

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
on the 06 they did away with the nipples coming off the double metal coolant lines for the tb hoses. i thought about replacing that assembly but it was something like $100 for those little metal tubes so i`ll just stick with the bipass untill i happen across the new tubes somewhere else.

·
Registered
714 Posts
on the 06 they did away with the nipples coming off the double metal coolant lines for the tb hoses. i thought about replacing that assembly but it was something like $100 for those little metal tubes so i`ll just stick with the bipass untill i happen across the new tubes somewhere else.
I should have one of those steel lines w/o the tubes from a '06 from a engine I parted out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts