Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just ordered new wheels 9/17 front 10.5/17 rear ,bullet deep dish,but what size tires do i need ,

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
You can go up to a 255 width on the front and 295 or 305 on the rear. Do you want the same on all 4 corners or wider in back?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I reorder and went with all 9x17

·
Registered
121 Posts
17x9's are the stock wheel size, I guess you can go up to 255.. which I was planning to do but even those 235's look like a tight stretch.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the sells man at TIRE MAN said i should go with 245x 40x17 front 255x45x17 rear,but will i need to get the computer recalibrate for the out dia. differences ,the dealer says i will ,have to or the car will go in limp mode

·
Registered
383 Posts
Whoever told you that is wrong. It will do nothing more than throw off the speedometer.
haha i like how you nonchalantly throw that in there. just gonna throw off your speedometer no big deal. im guessing its not by much, but its still funny, at least to me it is.:gringreen

·
Registered
121 Posts
So even if you threw 255's on your stock rims you have to recalibrate your speedo with your tuner? I thought you only had to recalibrate for gears or bigger rims.

·
Registered
463 Posts
So even if you threw 255's on your stock rims you have to recalibrate your speedo with your tuner? I thought you only had to recalibrate for gears or bigger rims.
You will if the tires are a different diameter from stock if you want to correct the speedo. Check the tire manufacturers websites for their revs/mile and see what the difference is between what you have now and what you are going to install. I went from 235/50x18 in the rear to 295/45x18 and used my Predator to change the revs/mile.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Dude, I'm so proud of myself, check out what I found last night:

Tire Size Calculator - tire & wheel plus sizing
Stock wheel is 235/55-17

Mark, you're gonna hate me for beating this dead horse but.... I know you said 295, but American Muscle doesnt offer that, only 275 (for best fit), with free mounting and balance (yay!), any reason I shouldn't go for 275?

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
Dude, I'm so proud of myself, check out what I found last night:

Tire Size Calculator - tire & wheel plus sizing
Stock wheel is 235/55-17

Mark, you're gonna hate me for beating this dead horse but.... I know you said 295, but American Muscle doesnt offer that, only 275 (for best fit), with free mounting and balance (yay!), any reason I shouldn't go for 275?
275-40s are what I ran originally. I just needed a taller tire so I had to go elsewhere to get the Nitto 295s. The Sumitomo's are very good tires. I think you'd like them.

·
Registered
463 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
10.5, eh? Have fun playin' around with all that traction! I know I would!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.