Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im buying a Diablosport Predator Tuner for 2005 Mustang from a kid i know, for 200$
and i was wondering about the tunes..
are the tunes that comes with it any good? or do i have to spend more money and buy new ones
i just want the best tune i can get

if ya need to know.. my mods are just pypes violator mufflers and pypes offroad x.. and this week b&m Short throw shifter

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
do not run custom tunes on your car

if its loaded with preset tunes, they are OK
any custom tune could harm your engine
for instance if he had a huge CAI tuned
and you dont
the AF ratio could mess it up.

i would recommend getting a new custom tune and DELETING THOSE permanently

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im pretty sure it only has the 3 tunes the tuner comes with
the 89?? 91 and 93

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
if its got stock tunes for your year eat em up
even though a cutom tune will blow them out of the water.

nmod the heck out of it then get a custom 93 tune :D

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so the pre tunes are just fine?
and are they even much power gain?

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
If the first owner had a custom tune on the Predator it would erase when he set his car back to stock and loaded the original backup onto his ECU! The preloaded ones from Diablo would then reappear and that's the 3 your seeing!
Do you have Mil eliminators to keep your CEL lite off with the off road X? If you have 93 Octane in your area load that tune BUT a custom will be better. Some good e-mail tuners are Amazon and VMP!!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no i dont, my check engine light is still on, and yeah i have 93 octane in my area,
everyone i see who has a tuner has the cai too
is it bad that i'll be runnin a tuner without a aftermarket cai

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
no i dont, my check engine light is still on, and yeah i have 93 octane in my area,
everyone i see who has a tuner has the cai too
is it bad that i'll be runnin a tuner without a aftermarket cai
whats the check engine code ? you can read it on the tuner

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
The CEL is coming on cause the Cats are removed, that can be shut off with a custom tune. And no Jaron4991 a CAI isn't needed for a canned tune!

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
If the first owner had a custom tune on the Predator it would erase when he set his car back to stock and loaded the original backup onto his ECU! The preloaded ones from Diablo would then reappear and that's the 3 your seeing!
Do you have Mil eliminators to keep your CEL lite off with the off road X? If you have 93 Octane in your area load that tune BUT a custom will be better. Some good e-mail tuners are Amazon and VMP!!
??? The stock tune is stored in a completely different section on the device. It never overwrites a custom tune.

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
If the EEC-V has a Custom Tune with Diablo CMR software that was imported from this persons Predator handheld it'll erase from his tuner when he reloads his original backup(stock flash) to sell the device! That is why custom tunes should be saved on your computer using their DS Downloader! It will revert back to the 3 canned tunes that the thread starter talked about!
BUT If there's a revision to the Predator firmware that I'm not aware of and custom tunes can be saved in memory fill me in, their isn't one for the 99-04, maybe 05+? mine can only hold 1 custom tune and the original backup!
I've done this process MANY times doing dyno runs, whenever I put the stock flash back into the ECU the Custom Tune erases and I have to import it from my laptop again!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
37 Posts
go to the diablo site and down load the new tunes.there are a bunch now.i have the injen intake and did the k&n tune.had to do trial&error as there was no tune for it,runs great.everything is a lot better than the standard tunes.i can break the tires loose going into 2nd with an automatic.just make sure it was put back to the orignal factury tune,if not its not worth 2 cents.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.