Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced my 2005 Mustang front turn signal lights with Amber Corners. First, I removed both the left and right side turn signal lights without disconnecting the battery. I then proceeded to replace the left driver side park and turn signal lights and all worked fine. I followed by then replace the right side but can't get them to work properly. When I turn on the lights the left side works great. However, only the small light socket on the right side turns on and stays lit. The large socket only works when the blinker is activated. Otherwise, when the blinker is deactivated the bulb turns off. The small socket bulb remains to stay on continuously. Also, my rear break lights on that same side (right passenger side) will not work either. They only work when the right turn signal is activated. As soon as the right turn signal is deactivated the right rear lights go out. All lights worked fine prior to the new install. Does anyone have any idea what is going on? I tried installing the original bulb back and I’m getting the same outcome. I’ve also tried to flip the bulbs in the socket and no luck. Help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I replaced my 2005 Mustang front turn signal lights with Amber Corners assembly kit. First, I removed both the left and right side turn signal light bulbs and replaced them with new ones. I did this without disconnecting the battery to the car. I replaced the driver side first. After replacing the first set of lights they worked fine. I followed by then replace the right passenger side but can't get them to work properly. When I turn on the lights they both work fine. However, the problem begins when I use the right passenger side turn signal. When activated, both the blinker light and the small marker light work as they should until I disengage the blinker. Once the blinker on that side is disengaged both the blinker light and the rear tail light on that side go out. The marker light is the only light on that side that stay lit. The only way to correct the problem thus far is to turn off and then turn on my lights to reset them. During the entire process the driver side lights remain unaffected. All lights worked fine prior to the new install. One other note, I have LED rear tail lights. I took the car to ford and was told they may need to replace the smart junction box but no guarantee it will fix the problem. They stated that would be a starting point to resolve the problem. Not a comforting assurance when they want to charge me $810.00 to change out that part. Does anyone have any idea what is going on? I tried installing the original bulb and even purchased new bulbs I’m getting the same outcome. I’ve also tried to flip the bulbs in the socket and no luck. Help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.