Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is an 01/05, One of the first. And I just got a new Smart box put in b/c the cars interior and exterior lights kept going off. Well, before, when I used to lock the doors the lights would flash, but now, they do not.

My question is, do your lights flash when you lock? and when you push the lock button 2x, does it single beep or 2x beep? I figured I'd ask b4 I went and bitched back at Ford. Appreciate the help!

-Anthony

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
If I lock the doors and leave the car, the lights blink once, if I hit the lock button after I left the car, the horn beeps once.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok, thanks. Mine used to do that, but water got in and screwed up my Smart Box. Appreciate the help.

-Anthony

·
Registered
145 Posts
my lights blink the second time, the back ones specifically, i knw cuz i noticed more tonight cause i got new turn signals, the sequential and now when i lock it 2x the sequentials flash, but they flashed before i got new signals... and it would honk the 2nd time, otherwise it would just lock and the fog lights blink i think for the 1x lock

·
Registered
20 Posts
Second Horn Honk

From my knowledge the second horn honk, is the indication that something is left open/on. For example the trunk.

If you get one horn honk everything is in order, but if you get two, a door may be open, a light may be on... check your owners manual for more details.

It seems as if your situation is an ongoing one, so it might be something more.

Cheers,

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ants2005stang: yeah, water leaking from above on mine; and the replacement does the same - not the way it used to be. Dealer says too bad - replacement ones don't have all the features.
Any better resolution in your case?

·
Registered
99 Posts
This same exact thing is happening to me only my box didnt get wet or anything. It used to work fine before I took it to a body shop for some body work on the passenger door and hood. When I went to lock it it started doing the 2 beeps and the turn signals didn't flash. any ideas what it could be?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.