Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just removed my instrument cluster and sent it out for repair. While its out, my ac quit working. Is the ac connected to the insturment cluster and will not work while its out? Other than that, the car (2005 V6 mustang) drives fine without the cluster.
The ac light comes on, but the compressor doesn't appear to start. Everything was fine with the ac before I removed the cluster..

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
welcome to the forums. i wont sear to it, but i dont think the cluster has anything to do with the a/c. the compressor should turn on when you turn the position select knob, and the a/c when you hit the 1 or 2 buttons on the bottom left that should have the amber lights. check all your fuses.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just removed my instrument cluster and sent it out for repair. While its out, my ac quit working. Is the ac connected to the insturment cluster and will not work while its out? Other than that, the car (2005 V6 mustang) drives fine without the cluster.
The ac light comes on, but the compressor doesn't appear to start. Everything was fine with the ac before I removed the cluster..
If you are low enough on freon, your compressor and clutch will not activate. Also, it could be a vacuum leak. However, this will typically cause the AC to blow out your defrost. Is the air coming out of your vents?

Remember you can not add freon if the clutch is not turning. You can bypass the accumulator/drier to make it come on. Then you add freon, etc... Hope this helps!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.