Ford Mustang Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts
SOHCman-In your Pypes acceleration vid I heard a lot of tire squeal when you took off. Did you gain that after going dual or did your car always have that capability? Mine has a horrible power delay when I start from a dead stop. Takes about a car length and a half before the engine kicks in which is why I'm getting the Livewire with some Bamachips tunes along with the duals.
The computer in your Mustang "learns" how you drive and adjusts accordingly over time.

Throttle response was pretty good from the start but now it is almost perfect. The duals got rid of ANY remaining throttle lag.

I do NOT have a tuner!

The squeal was from BOTH tires as I have a T-LOK differential installed.

The tires had only 1000 miles on them so they had full tread (not bald).

I've heard people say their car has sluggish response.

Maybe I drive my car harder than most, I frequently manually shift my auto as well.

It probably learned how I like to drive.

Now it responds instantly.

SOHC

I'm running the GT take offs and a tune from Bamachips. The exhaust is rowdy during acceleration and quiet on the highway. The tune really woke the car up. I love the way the automattic tranny shifts.

Discussion starter · #25 ·
Hmm, hadn't thought that far ahead. Maybe I'll have to have it shipped to my folks house on the other side of town. My dad bought a 07 Tungten v6 w/pony pkg just 3 days before I got mine (He'd had both a 67 and 69 when I was little). I'd just have to make sure I don't pick up a bunch of empty boxes at his house while he's bragging about how much more performance his has gotten in just the last day :)

I've also decided on the Xcal 2 instead of the Livewire. On SCT's forums there seem to be nothing but problems with the software on the Livewire. It looks like it'll take a while for them to work out all the bugs in it.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.