Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got my car running good, so i couldnt wait any longer to get a lsd, a.m. had the stuff on sale so i figured i might as well get a 3.73 gear and bearing kit and hit the track and have fun for the summer. ordered it a month or so ago, and they were kind enough to tell me right away the gear was backordered and i chose to wait on the other items till the gears came in, in a couple weeks. then it got bumped to the middle of june. so i`m thinking any day now, well now its suppose to be the middle of august. guess instead of looking at nitto 555`s, i might as well check out the snow tires :so kinda frustrating.

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
i know where u can get a set of 373s lol....

yea atleast ur car RUNS!

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know where u can get a set of 373s lol....

yea atleast ur car RUNS!
awww man, i feel for ya. you sure didnt need to have any more problems for a while. but i know you`ll get her back on the road. i thought about your gears when i wrote this post:scratchchin but i`d rather go brand new i think and brake them in myself. even with the 4.10`s, your not gonna beat the mighty auto :nogrinner they are just too fast :D if you dont change your gear, maybe we could go a round with both having 3.73`s. since your touring the country looking for races; ever been to missouri? :happyhapp

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
awww man, i feel for ya. you sure didnt need to have any more problems for a while. but i know you`ll get her back on the road. i thought about your gears when i wrote this post:scratchchin but i`d rather go brand new i think and brake them in myself. even with the 4.10`s, your not gonna beat the mighty auto :nogrinner they are just too fast :D if you dont change your gear, maybe we could go a round with both having 3.73`s. since your touring the country looking for races; ever been to missouri? :happyhapp
deal. ill keep em in and in a few months ill be in MO

better work on ur tree!

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
deal. ill keep em in and in a few months ill be in MO

better work on ur tree!
ya, it might be a few months before i ever get them. and now, you got all the experience, i might be in trouble :scratchchin ( but i bookmarked your light tree program just in case,lol) lets see, we might have to use snow tires and thats about 13 hours for pc to come to video it :shiny:

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
ya, it might be a few months before i ever get them. and now, you got all the experience, i might be in trouble :scratchchin ( but i bookmarked your light tree program just in case,lol) lets see, we might have to use snow tires and thats about 13 hours for pc to come to video it :shiny:

haha yea it was a crappy run but this can make me bat a .500 i recon

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Where did you order your parts from?
american muscle. they had a nice sale going on. i like dealing with them, the prices and service is great. the gears are motives. i`m half thinking of getting the lsd and the bearing kit and looking for the gears somewhere else, i really didnt want to wait till august, into sept. to get them in.

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
american muscle. they had a nice sale going on. i like dealing with them, the prices and service is great. the gears are motives. i`m half thinking of getting the lsd and the bearing kit and looking for the gears somewhere else, i really didnt want to wait till august, into sept. to get them in.
check out Chips V6 specialties, ive had good sales with him.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
sorry to hear about your order trouble, (thats why i ordered 4.10's!!!!) you should just go 4.10, best mod ive ever done. i tell you, its like having a completely different transmission, instead of having 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, OD
its like -1st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4.5, because 1st now pulls like a completely new gear, and 2nd gear pulls like 1st gear used to, its insane fun! :happyhapp

·
Registered
558 Posts
i tell you, its like having a completely different transmission, instead of having 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, OD
its like -1st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4.5, because 1st now pulls like a completely new gear, and 2nd gear pulls like 1st gear used to, its insane fun! :happyhapp
hahah i love your gear setup especially -1st gear haha

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.