Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy some subs and a amp for my mustang and i was wondering if ay one has any suggestions and wat size will be best for my car.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have 2 12's in my 2007. They were impossible to get in though, and will probably never come out. I didn't feel like changining the box because they came out of my old car. And they are powered by an 1000amp infinity. Sounds good but I would consider putting in Dynamat to reduce the rattling.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I have 2 MA Audio 10's in my trunk. They are in custom corner boxes that are really easy to take in and out. It is a personal opinion of mine but I generally try to avoid kicker jl and rockford. They are all over priced for what you get in my opinion. (not bashing anyones set up.. just an opinion) My ten has the largest magnet weight for a ten on the market today(240 oz.) aside from the top end DD which are custom made, which means they hit harder. I would consider checking them out. The frequency response is as good as my 2 Audiobahn 12's too. HK109xc if you want to look.

As far as amps HIFONICS makes some good amps at a reasonable price. I have a 1200 watt RMS amp slightly overpowering my two 10's. Just be careful to look at RMS vs Peak range on amps when you match them to your subs. Try to get them as close as possible for the best response.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I would recommend a pair of Digital Designs 1508s and 1000 watts RMS to drive them. Sadly, going bigger than 10" is going to be a royal pain.

Then again, I am running a 13w6v2 Stealthbox in my Mustang, mainly for the ease of fit. If I had to do it all over again, I probably would have gone with a pair of IDMAX 12s in my own custom made fiberglass enclosures. Prior to the Stealthbox, I tried a pair of 10w3v2s sealed (hated them) and a 12" Kicker Solobaric L5 (used the prefab as well as TWO custom enclosures and hated it too).

As for my Civic, I am running ONE Digital Designs 1508 and no one believes that I am running a single 8. Just wait until I am running a pair of those 8s!:D

As for amplifiers, I am going to go out on a limb and recommend AudioQue for the subwoofers because you can't beat them for the price. The Hifonics BXi XX10 series isn't bad for the price either, provided you know how to set it up properly. Oh, and another option would be AudioQue subwoofers because they are not bad for the $$ spent.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Those digital designs top end ones are good. Especially the series with the 400 oz magnets in all their subs.

·
Registered
442 Posts
i got the MTX 12" with the built in sub its all the bass i need. and imo looks really good matches the inside of the trunk and still lots of trunk space. it fits in the corner so well. heres a picture of mine

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Wow that looks nice... was going to stick a box and two 12's in my trunk, but I think I am going to go with the MTX 12. I like a little bass but dont want the trunk lid rattle going on so the two 12's might have been overkill in my case. Also like to use my trunk every so often lol

Found it on Crutchfield for 600 and eBay for 300, both amplified. Little bit leary about eBay, but for half price might take my chances and do a good inspect when I get it.

Was it easy to install and set up Amp? Looks like it taps right into rear inputs.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Crutchfield is always ridiculously expensive. The ebay one should be ok.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.