Ford Mustang Forum banner

2005 Mustang V6 C and L intake help??

791 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Mustang Black05 
#1 ·
alright guys don't beat me up on this one...

i bought a used C and L intake off of ebay and i was wondering if i could run it on the car without the tune until i order a tuner. i put it on the car and it idles really rough and feels like its choking, not getting enough fuel. plus i can hear the intake sucking in air. so i put the factory box back on. but one of my buddies says he read somewhere that i need to let it come up to running temperature and let the computer calibrate itself with the new intake? is this true, or do i need a tune to run it?

thanks
ben

#2 ·
C&l cai

I have been running this intake on my '06 pony for the past 4 years with an sct tuner and various tunes.
It is not possible nor practical to run this intake without a tune. The car will run too lean and may actually damage the engine.
The C&L intake is one of the best performance (with a tuner) that you can make to the v6 stang.
:nono:

#3 ·
agreed. mine wouldn't even run. for this one, a tune is a must.

#4 ·
alright thanks guys, i'm gunna be ordering the tuner once the holidays are over. i'll be back to talk about my results :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.